Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Buffalo Longevity??

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ike
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Blue Buffalo Longevity??

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    ok ill be honest with you. this wad the first food I had my dogs on when I left supermarket brands n I tried the longevity one. it was not good on any of my dogs. their coats got awful so I went back to regular blue now will it be the same for you don't know. if u want blue wilderness puppy would be a good choice n its grain free. if the protein bothers you blue freedom is grain free n lower protein. keep in mind some bullies do not tolerate chicken well n blue uses it a lot. now this does not mean your dog will just be mindful of it. if you have more questions I'm always around @whitebronc
    Thank you guys! for all your help!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ike
    Likes (Received)

Update:
    so Ike has been on this food for a while now. He loves it his coat is soft and shiny, he is growing and getting bigger.
    After much more reading we will be switching him to the wilderness version of Blue Buffalo.
    With all the reading and input from all here, it seems to be the better food.

Thanks for everything!

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member flkjr2's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Z
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by linwhite View Post
    The difference in the nutrition isn't a lot so I wouldn't be overly concerned about that. By using grain free, you eliminate a whole bunch of things your dog may be allergic to, which is a good thing.

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Im so glad it is working for you!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Beaux
    Likes (Received)

If you go to the website it says, Basic is for dogs with sensativity/ Longevity is for Keeping pets lean/ Wilderness is for high protein/Freedom is grain free and Life protection is made of finest ingrediants. At 4mths we are using freedom puppy and will probably transition to Freedom adlt at about 6 to 7 mths

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bcarro45 View Post
    If you go to the website it says, Basic is for dogs with sensativity/ Longevity is for Keeping pets lean/ Wilderness is for high protein/Freedom is grain free and Life protection is made of finest ingrediants. At 4mths we are using freedom puppy and will probably transition to Freedom adlt at about 6 to 7 mths
    Wilderness is also grain-free. High protein and grain-free is a good combination. And Wilderness has more flavors than Freedom (last I checked - they might have produced new flavors. I quit Blue Wilderness when we got Angus last year because he was allergic to chicken).

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RaRett View Post
    We never had Hershey on any 'puppy food' from my reading, bulldog puppies dont need the 'puppy version' as long as you are feeding a good quality food (like blue buffalo)

Hershey ate Blue Buffalo 'Basics' and we recently switched him and Gizmo over to Taste of the Wild Salmon - however, we are battling the Yeast issues again, so back to the more expensive Blue Buffalo Basics for us when these bags are used up.
    Give Blue Wilderness a shot. Yeast likes sugar (carbs) so it is usually recommended to go to a low-carb diet for dogs with yeast issues. Blue Wilderness is the least carbs of the Blue Buffalo products.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads