General Question Fromm Duck & Sweet Potato

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
@greek I used it for awhile with mixed results. My dog, Brembo had very soft stools when on it and always seemed to be itching. Note that I am always using more than one food, so I believe I was alternating the Duck and Sweet Potato with the Pork and Applesauce.

I was feeding about 1.5c 2x a day (so 3cups a day total), so I cut back on the food a little and the stools were still soft and the itching was still present. I changed the Pork and Applesauce to Fromm grain free beef frittata with better results.

Eventually I switched back to all grain free. I now alternate between the Beef Frittata, Surf and Turf, and Salmon somthing. I feed almost 4 cups a day and his stools are nice and firm, and he has minimal itching.

Best advice? Try it. Start with a small bag. Is your dog already on Fromm? If so, no transition (weaning) will be necessary. Pay attention to stools/itching. Good luck!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I've never used it but I know if your bully has yeast problems, you might want to steer clear of a food heavy in sweet potatoes since they can make it worse!

Good luck finding the right food!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We feed Fromm Beef Frittatta and Brutus has no issues (locking on wood) even our pitbull Chanel did good on it but she got picky lately! I think it's the little bits she is tired of! Let us know how it goes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I haven't tried that flavor, currently I have the Fromm Game Bird (brown bag) and the dogs LOVE it!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i think any of the fromm 4 star is a good choice provided your bully does good on it. most prefer grain free but it doesnt have to be. you really have to try it.

dorian

Jan 10, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I'm new to the Fromm game, but I've put Winston on whitefish and potato and he loves it. He's still transitioning onto it fully, but he can't wait to eat and it's agreeing with him for what that's worth.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
All the Fromm dog food is good. The Grain-free formulae are the best. But, like anything else... just because it's a good food and it works for some other dog, doesn't mean it's going to work for your dog. And, on the flipside, just because it didn't work for another dog doesn't mean it won't work for yours. So, just try it and see.

Molly1

Apr 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
I tried Molly on Pork and applesauce and thought she was going to chew off her hind legs.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.