General Question Transitioning between Fromms

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Hi Everyone!
I have spent the whole weekend reading all I can about Puppy food, (large breed vs regular) and All stages. I am thinking that I was not given the best advice from my breeder! I am just not happy with Bogey's poop! Even before the vomiting last week, he didn't have those nice solid poops I think he should have. It is soft serve at best. I have tried the pumpkin (which I think I was giving him too much) and yogurt (again, too much). So, I went back to just the kibble- nothing added. Stool is still soft serve, buta little firmer and less amount.

I also bought him the slow feed bowl, as he INHALES his food and constantly has hiccups after eating. The new bowl has helped.

I am really thinking about trying the Fromm's Beef Fritata because it is an allstage food and I have read some great testimonials here.
Here is my questions:

I know you can switch between different types of Fromms without a transition period- is that true for going from Puppy to Allstage too? If you think I should slowly switch him, I would have to start today so I can do this over a 10 day period. Otherwise, I will just finish this up the puppy stuff and start new with the Fritata.

He is now 12 weeks and I really think his digestive issues are the food- does it hurt to try something new?

Thanks for all the input on my other threads. It is so great to have so many knowledgeable, experienced bully parents out there!
Would love to hear from some Fromm feeders!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
As far as I know all the Fromm flavours are an all stages food, and interchangeable between other flavours without the need for transitioning, but I'm not 100% positive if that includes the Puppy food as well. Which brand of food are you feeding Bogart now? How old is Bogart? I switched my 2 from Royal Canin to Fromms Beef Fritata, when they were 7 months old, I had to transition them slowly. Hopefully someone with more knowledge or experience will come along and offer more advice.

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]: Bogey is 12 weeks old and on Fromms Large breed puppy. I know alot of bully parents use allstage right from the get-go. My breeder was the one who told me to keep him on the large breed puppy til 7 months. Not sure I am agreeing with this now.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
The base ingredients of Fromm are the same from flavor to flavor but I would transition him from puppy mix to the others. I also think 12 weeks is too young and he should stay on Fromm Puppy for his initial surge of puppy growth.... but thats just me.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I would transition slowly. The puppy Fromm has more calories and is has grains right? I'm not sure..but I think only the 4 Star are totally interchangeable because they are all grain free. Sadly..Jake could only have the beef so there wasn't a chance to switch for him :(. Now as far as for puppies..An All Stage Food is perfectly fine for Puppies Thru Adults. Like their bag says! My vet puts all her Bully pups on All Stage..Jake went on at 10-11 weeks. She just believes in slower growth for their bones and their weight. But lots of people here that raise pups do believe in puppy food for a lot longer. In other words..lol..Good Luck! Your guy will do fine with either choice, Fromm is a great food.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Fromm puppy is in the Goldline, Beef Frittata is in the four-star line. So yes, you will need to transition him slowly over to it. I hope you get positive results! Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Also, how much are you feeding? If you're feeding too much it will give soft stools. Maybe try cutting back a little and see if it helps.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok if your going from fromm puppy which is fromm gold to fromm beef fritatta which is a fromm 4* i would slowly transition over 10 days. now once you them switched the 4* are all interchangeable. i do know that alot like to keep them on puppy food for 6 months and i know some have switched earlier. keep us updated.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online