General Question 4Health Dog food

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Has anyone on here heard of 4Health dog food? We are thinking of switching Rumble to a new dog food. He is currently on BilJac and doesn't seem to be having any problems but everyone has told me good food is key so I am looking into a new food. I had someone who owns a bulldog say that they feed 4Health which is the Tractor Supply version of dog food. I looked and I know they had different varieties such as chicken and rice and salmon and potato. I am just basically wondering if anyone has ever had any success with it. I have people with bulldogs tell me they feed everything from Iams to BilJac to Fromm to Taste of the Wild so I am just wondering how to make a decision! Or should I just keep him what he is on since there have not been any problems? Any advice is welcome!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have never used it, but like to old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Even though Bil-Jac isn't the best, it's not the worst either. I know several breeders that use it and we put some on Buddy's food and little Patches food, because they will not eat their regular food unless it is in there. Spoiled I know, but better than having a skinny bully.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I tagged a few members that give you some info on foods....

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Ok first of all this is a product of diamond manufacturing and they have had many recalls the most recent being this past may for salmonella. I personally wont feed any of their products but i know people who do with no problem. If biljac is working I would not change for this food. I would probably suggest a change at some point as biljac is not a High rated food. However with bullies finding the righr food can be a challenge. If you are going to use this food I would suggest a vitamin a few times a week n a probiotic.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Hello!!!

I've been feeding 4health since Nov I think. I choose to use the one with the Irish Setter on it as the ingredient list was very very close to TOTW I was feeding.

They have a new line out of Grain Free foods in a dark bag. I haven't tryed them yet. As in mine are doing well on what they are on now. I asked the person there if the base is the same like TOTW and interchangable. They were clueless. (i haven't had enough internet time to ck website ) .

TOTW is made by Diamond as well. Last yr when there was a recall the plant for our area wasn't the culprit. . I still worried like always because some people don't give 2 rats about there job.

But this is what I can afford and my babies are doing good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.