General Question bulldog puppy and eating???

Luci Jo's mama

Jan 1, 2013
fleetwood pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Luci Jo
hello i have a female 13 week old and shes got a big appetite and eats very fast...she sits by her bowl alot and seems to be always hungry and wanting more( yes she was wormed) i was wondering how many times a day i should feed her and how much at a time? thank so much..she is eating taste of the wild dry food..thank you for your help!!!!!! and lucy thanks you too with her hungry tummy:p

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Bulldogs are ALWAYS hungry - don't let your baby dictate to you how much she eats! :)

When my puppies were that age, I think we were doing a half cup, two times per day. Those two times depend on your schedule - and when you get let your bully out to do her duty after eating. I just fed mine at breakfast time and at dinner time - and planned for potty time afterward!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I also have a female who is a eating machine lol. I have to feed her by herself, because she will inhale her food, then steal her brother Dozers, then if I've forgotten to pick up the cat food, she'll eat that too. She whines and goes crazy any time she hears a bag rustling in the kitchen, even our cereal bags. I know of some people who use a slow feeder bowl, that is divided so they eat slower, and some people have luck with placing a tennis ball in the dish. We fed our puppies 3/4 of a cup 3 times a day, at 8 am, 2 pm and again at 8 pm. When they were 7 months old, we switched them to adult food and we now feed them 1 1/2 cups twice a day at 7 am and 7 pm. They are 10 months old now.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You will get a variety of answers on this! Jake was on Anallstages food from11 weeks onandwegavehim1/2 cup 3 times a day. At 6 months he slowly went to 1 cup twice a day...BUT some here feed their pups more..let me tag them

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]...[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]...[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Bulldog puppies seem to always need something in their mouths. Have a good supply of hard type toys like antlers or kongs or nylabones. If possible feed your puppy 3 times a day, 1/2 to 3/4 cup at a time depending on the structure of your bully. A large bone bully needs more calories. If you can only feed twice a day and you work during the day, give a small meal in the morning about a 1/4 to 1/2 cup and a bit larger meal in the evening, about 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 cup hope this makes sense. Over feeding a puppy or any dog will lead to loose stool and wasted food. No time to digest before it's pushed out, so the vitamins are not absorbed to the potential , they are hurried through.

Keep me posted on your success.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
they seem to have you covered with this so i just say keep us posted and you could add some frozen green beans or banana or some thing to help fill her up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.