Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 36

Thread: Fromm Dog food question??

  1. #13
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Fromm Dog food question??

    Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    I'm going to have to try this stuff. Samson has an ear infection that keeps coming back. Obivously the medicine is not working so I guess I better try a new approach. Geez I just ordered a bag of Fromm, haven't even picked up from the store yet. Going to have to finish that bag first
    I am trying this right now, and the results seem the same from Fromm, so it's good stuff..... not sure if it's helping with yeast yet because mine don't really have too much yeast issues.

    Also, the switch between foods does not seem to effect them going from Fromm to Nature's Variety. Good food to good food is good results I guess.

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  2. #14
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    TessaAndSamson's Avatar
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,262
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    8
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Fromm Dog food question??

    Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    I am trying this right now, and the results seem the same from Fromm, so it's good stuff..... not sure if it's helping with yeast yet because mine don't really have too much yeast issues.

    Also, the switch between foods does not seem to effect them going from Fromm to Nature's Variety. Good food to good food is good results I guess.
    Sam isn't yeasty in general. His allergies flare up so he will start licking his paws alot at certain times of the year and then they will look yeasty but it goes away after his allergies calm down. He's not yeasty anywhere else. It's just these ear infections, on and off since May. The vet said it was yeast and bacteria. It started soon after his surgery in April so I wonder if being hospitalized and wearing that cone caused it and it is just been really tough to get rid of???? I don't know to do anymore. I was hoping if the food change helped Linus with his ear infections maybe it would help Sam

    "Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

  3. #15
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Fromm Dog food question??

    Quote Originally Posted by Kginqt13 View Post
    Thank you for all the great answers.

    Today I did a search for the Fromm dog food vendors in my area and unfortuantly there are not any close by. So I was wondering I heard Wellness is a good brand. Is this true? Or do you think that Blue Buffalo is better?

    I went to Petco and saw that they have a brand called Natural Balance its grain free. Do you think that that is something that might be good?

    Sorry so many questions I have never switched her dog food and I want to make a good choice, even though I know that I may have to change it again and again before I find the right fit for Porky.

    Thanks again
    Brandi
    I have only just recently switched Maggie to Fromm Salmon n Veg and am very pleased with it. Our nearest stockist would be a 20mile round trip and they only sold the 5lb bag for almost $20. Yesterday we got our first shipment for the same food from www.petflow.com. The shipping is a flat fee of $4.95, so I ordered the 30lb bag for approx $58 including shipping. It's saving me a huge amount of money, and also I have the convenience of having it shipped to my door! You do have to set up an automatic order, so I've chosen to have a bag sent out to me every 11 weeks and I can change that if I need to.

    Hope that helps!

  4. #16
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    sheshistory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    3,432
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)
    249

    Default Re: Fromm Dog food question??

    Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    Sam isn't yeasty in general. His allergies flare up so he will start licking his paws alot at certain times of the year and then they will look yeasty but it goes away after his allergies calm down. He's not yeasty anywhere else. It's just these ear infections, on and off since May. The vet said it was yeast and bacteria. It started soon after his surgery in April so I wonder if being hospitalized and wearing that cone caused it and it is just been really tough to get rid of???? I don't know to do anymore. I was hoping if the food change helped Linus with his ear infections maybe it would help Sam
    @TessaAndSamson This is very similar to Linus' story - he developed a raging ear infection after we lost Bentley in June and was being treated for bacteria and yeast - over and over and over again. The yeast/allergy flare ups can coincide with stressful times (surgery, loss of a family member) and become more difficult to treat - just like when people are stressed. He was on Remicin, Baytril, Clavamox, Predisone, antibacterial/yeast washes - and more! We tried everything to clear it up but he finally got rid of it and off the ear/allergy meds when we get him off the potato based grain free foods. We still wash his ears regular and keep watch on it but things are so much better now. So Nature's Variety Instinct recipes might really be worth a try for you!

    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

  5. #17
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    TessaAndSamson's Avatar
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,262
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    8
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Fromm Dog food question??

    Quote Originally Posted by jillh10 View Post
    @TessaAndSamson This is very similar to Linus' story - he developed a raging ear infection after we lost Bentley in June and was being treated for bacteria and yeast - over and over and over again. The yeast/allergy flare ups can coincide with stressful times (surgery, loss of a family member) and become more difficult to treat - just like when people are stressed. He was on Remicin, Baytril, Clavamox, Predisone, antibacterial/yeast washes - and more! We tried everything to clear it up but he finally got rid of it and off the ear/allergy meds when we get him off the potato based grain free foods. We still wash his ears regular and keep watch on it but things are so much better now. So Nature's Variety Instinct recipes might really be worth a try for you!
    Thank you @jillh10! That will definitely be the next food I buy What formula are you feeding?

    "Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

  6. #18
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    sheshistory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    3,432
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)
    249

    Default Re: Fromm Dog food question??

    Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    Thank you @jillh10! That will definitely be the next food I buy What formula are you feeding?
    @TessaAndSamson I am feeding the turkey and duck formula, but I am will to try them all. They also make accompanying grain free treats that the boys seem to really like.

    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

  7. #19
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bella'sMom's Avatar
    Location
    Eau Claire WI
    Posts
    3,310
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default Re: Fromm Dog food question??

    Quote Originally Posted by Kginqt13 View Post
    Thank you for all the great answers.

    Today I did a search for the Fromm dog food vendors in my area and unfortuantly there are not any close by. So I was wondering I heard Wellness is a good brand. Is this true? Or do you think that Blue Buffalo is better?

    I went to Petco and saw that they have a brand called Natural Balance its grain free. Do you think that that is something that might be good?

    Sorry so many questions I have never switched her dog food and I want to make a good choice, even though I know that I may have to change it again and again before I find the right fit for Porky.

    Thanks again
    Brandi
    I just switched my girls from Natural Balance. The company is having troubles with recalls and I have been informed by two reliable sources that they cook their foods at too high of temp, so all nutrition is cooked out! I just switched them to Fromm's grain free surf and turf. Bella who has "poop" issues has been maintained very well. Another good food that is highly recommended is Orijen's. I have a good friend who runs a raw food company and he even said if you are going to feed Kibble, both Orijen's and Fromm's is a good choice.

    Always with me

  8. #20
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Fromm Dog food question??

    If you register at Nature's Variety, they send coupons for free dog food too!

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  9. #21
    I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    KMARINO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Bradenton Fl.
    Posts
    7,294
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)
    181

    Default Re: Fromm Dog food question??

    @desertskybulldogs, thanks for the info about signing up for Natures Variety coupons, I am having very good luck with the Salmon formula with Vegas. Every little bit helps

  10. #22
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    TessaAndSamson's Avatar
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,262
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    8
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Fromm Dog food question??

    Quote Originally Posted by jillh10 View Post
    I am feeding the turkey and duck formula, but I am will to try them all. They also make accompanying grain free treats that the boys seem to really like.
    @jillh10 Hows Linus doing on the Natures Variety? It's been a while so I am wondering how things are now, if he has had anymore ear infections, etc. I got a bag of natures variety, getting ready to start switching over

    "Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

  11. #23
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    sheshistory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    3,432
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)
    249

    Default Re: Fromm Dog food question??

    Hi @TessaAndSamson - Linus is still ear infection and itchy free since we started him on the Nature's Variety Instinct Grain Free. We've tried all the varieties now (just opened the bag of salmon) and he seems to do well on each of them so I think it's worth a try for Samson.

    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

  12. #24
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    TessaAndSamson's Avatar
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,262
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    8
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Fromm Dog food question??

    Quote Originally Posted by jillh10 View Post
    Hi @TessaAndSamson - Linus is still ear infection and itchy free since we started him on the Nature's Variety Instinct Grain Free. We've tried all the varieties now (just opened the bag of salmon) and he seems to do well on each of them so I think it's worth a try for Samson.
    Great to hear! Yeah I have a new bag of the salmon, just got to finish a little more of the Fromm we have left before we start the transition. It really sounded like Sam and Linus were going through the same stuff so I am hoping this works for Sam as well as it has Linus. So happy to hear Linus hasn't had any more ear infections because I know you guys were having a tough time with it.

    "Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •