General Question Freshpet Vital

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Does anyone use FreshPet Vital or any of the other FreshPet products? I was looking for something for Herman's Christmas dinner and got a pack of this stuff - he loves it! But it came in a 2 pound roll. It was only supposed to be a one meal thing, but I had all this leftover roll to use up.

He's eating the turkey recipe. I just add in a little to his regular Earthborn Primitive Natural kibble.

I was just wondering if anyone has any opinions. He really seems to like it and since I have been using it this week, I've removed the coconut oil - which drastically improved his poop (shape, smell, etc LOL). No more dingle-berries and I dont have to spend 15 mins wiping his butt - 99% of the time this week, he's had what we call "walk aways" LOL. The Vital turkey product contains flaxseed oil.

Oddly enough, I also noticed his wrinkles are staying more dry now (could be because its FREEZING).

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This sounds interesting, tho I haven't tried it. Coconut and flaxseed are good for our bullies so maybe I will look into this.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well ive typed this 3 times now with no post so i hope this does it. i dont know that i would feed this exclusively but it doesnt look like a bad thing to add to your dogs food. the food looks to be made in a plant here and so far as i can tell it looks ok. the cat cups are made somewhere else not named so im assuming that means china but dont know. seems ok to me

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
well ive typed this 3 times now with no post so i hope this does it. i dont know that i would feed this exclusively but it doesnt look like a bad thing to add to your dogs food. the food looks to be made in a plant here and so far as i can tell it looks ok. the cat cups are made somewhere else not named so im assuming that means china but dont know. seems ok to me

thanks!

it comes in 2 pound packages and it has 'recommended feeding' of like 1-1.25 pounds per day - which is more than 1/2 a package. if i remember correctly, it was $11.99!!! per pack at PetCo. however, I was able to mix small enough portions in Herman's kibble for about a week. still pretty expensive though!! the package recommends not storing longer than 7 days - splitting it up over a week still gave him a good amount of it in his food.

Most Reactions