General Question The honest kitchen dog food

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
@cowsmom-I gave the turkey one this morning but the beef one last night called love and she liked it better so I have one more chicken one one to try but I think we found the one she likes!

well i got the thrive and embark. they didnt seemed interested in either but i bought a small box of the thrive anyway. i cant use the beef one as one is allergic but may try the turkey one again or maybe something else. think its gonna be a bust as my one boston is very picky. i do think ill keep it up for the other as he eats it ok. im glad yours likes it though.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Has anyone fed their dog this? I have been looking at it and although im going to continue feeding Lola fromm I was looking for something as a treat once in a while and just to add to her kibble for special occasions. I wanted to get her a can of dog food for her Christmas dinner but I couldnt find one that was grain free when I went to pet smart. I remember someone mentioning this a while back but I can't find it. Please any details would be great!

We've never tried it...but if you go to their facebook page, you can ask for a free sample. Also, during Slobberfest 2012, The Honest Kitchen did make an appearance and I took this photo and they posted it on their facebook page.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]-Great picture! Did they seem like a good company to you?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
The turkey did not agree with Lola! Her gas has been awful! The beef didnt do this! But so far no potty issues!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok so i got some yogurt and mixed a spoonful in with it and they ate it up so i think i may have found the answer. i did however find some of the food in one of my bostons :poo: so not sure bout this one in the long one might try one of the grain free ones. when i checked their website they seemed like a great company. human grade food made in a human grade plant not a dog food plant. how is your dog looking or are they acting any different? [MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION]

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I went to a local store today and bout 3 of the 4oz trial size, love, embark, and force flavors. I tried the love today and this is the outcome! First off this stuff smells amazing! I opened up the bag and you could smell the spices like when you open human soup mix!
View attachment 33620View attachment 33621View attachment 33622View attachment 33623
The first picture is when I first mixed it with water, the second is when I missed with kibble, the third is her first bite and she must have liked it because she kept licking her lips!
View attachment 33624View attachment 33625

wow that's interesting - is the food soupy or is it meant to be mixed with kibble?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
The food is as thick or as thin as you want it to be. You can make it thick like canned dog food is or thinner if your going ot add it to kibble. You can use it alone without kibble also. So far Lola likes the chicken and beef grain free.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I think I missed what your talking about, could you clarify or is that the name on the thread?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=4763]LynnA[/MENTION]-We are talking about the honest kitchen dog food.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=4763]LynnA[/MENTION]-Lola really likes it and smells wonderful! I think all the vitamins in the food will be good for her and I like that it's human grade and a small USA based company!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
@LynnA-Lola really likes it and smells wonderful! I think all the vitamins in the food will be good for her and I like that it's human grade and a small USA based company!

I took Otis to the vet this morning and he wants me to get Otis on a food that has less then 23% protein in it because he's just a smidge (lol 64.8lbs) overweight. Maybe this will be a great alternative - looking forward to hitting the nearest Pet Life to check it out.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] - how much water do you add to they dry Honest Kitchen food when you prepare it for your dogs? when I mix mine, it's 1/4 cup dry then I add 1/2 cup HOT water and let it hydrate for about 5 minutes before I add it to their kibble. but like [MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION] said you can play with the amount of water to fit the consistency to what they like best.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] - how much water do you add to they dry Honest Kitchen food when you prepare it for your dogs? when I mix mine, it's 1/4 cup dry then I add 1/2 cup HOT water and let it hydrate for about 5 minutes before I add it to their kibble. but like [MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION] said you can play with the amount of water to fit the consistency to what they like best.
yea I've played around with more n less water n they don't want to eat it unless I put something in it. I've used another dehydrated food n it was the same. I'm going to keep adding in the yogurt n try another flavor.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]- sounds like a good plan! I hope you find a way that they will eat it!

Members online

No members online now.