General Question The honest kitchen dog food

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Has anyone fed their dog this? I have been looking at it and although im going to continue feeding Lola fromm I was looking for something as a treat once in a while and just to add to her kibble for special occasions. I wanted to get her a can of dog food for her Christmas dinner but I couldnt find one that was grain free when I went to pet smart. I remember someone mentioning this a while back but I can't find it. Please any details would be great!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I wrote [MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] too because she uses it along with kibble! I found some Local stores and I think im going to go see if they have the trial sizes so I can try them!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
The should carry the trial size and I think they are about $3 or $4 a box ... if you do start using it along with your kibble make sure you save your UPC on the box because you can save them and get free products .. takes awhile to earn them but you can get free stuff for buying their foods :)

I love the stuff, and my babies are so excited when I start mixing it, it smells SO good!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i am currently feeding some honest kitchen with my bostons kibble also. i love the stuff as its human grade food made in a human grade plant. however my bostons are not thrilled about eating it. ive played around with the water content and such but they just dont want to eat it unless i put something on it. one does like it better than the other so i may continue feeding it to him. i will say it has very much brightened up their coats and made them very soft and im very pleased with it but alas if they dont want to eat it whats the point. i would get some trial size boxes and try it cant hurt. i will say sarah gobbles it up when i tried it on her but alas she cant eat this either as it made her face red.

Last edited:
OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I went to a local store today and bout 3 of the 4oz trial size, love, embark, and force flavors. I tried the love today and this is the outcome! First off this stuff smells amazing! I opened up the bag and you could smell the spices like when you open human soup mix!
GEDC1524.jpgGEDC1527.jpgGEDC1529.jpgGEDC1530.jpg
The first picture is when I first mixed it with water, the second is when I missed with kibble, the third is her first bite and she must have liked it because she kept licking her lips!
GEDC1536.jpgGEDC1537.jpg

Last edited:
OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
GEDC1538.jpgGEDC1540.jpgGEDC1542.jpg
She is a messy eater! She licked and licked her face after! I have never seen her eat like this! She loved it! I am so happy I feel like a good bully mama after seeing hoe much she loved it. I am going to continue buying it and add it to one meal a day.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:clap2: so glad she liked it!! :clap2:

I haven't given any to Chance and Destiny yet, they have had so many changes already I don't want to over load them but thinking for their New Years Meal they will get some added to their kibble :)

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] - I am thrilled with this food! Thank you for talking to me about it! Each of the sample 4oz boxes were only 3.25 and because Im only adding it to one meal a day and the way a measure it out each box will last me 4 days! Once I found the one she likes the best I will buy a big box of it. Happy New years to your babies and please let me know how they like it!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im so glad she liked it thats awsome. you should see some changes in her coat like within days. :2thumbs: [MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION]

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I will be watching for coat changes! Although her coat is good except for her winter shedding!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i really really wanted my boys to like it but there not into dehydrated food it seems. i wish more people would use this food or try it. i still give it to them as i have a huge box to use up.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
On the three boxes I bought today, they had coupons on the bottom of the box for 3.50 off a full size box! I plan on going back and buying a big box once I find out which one she likes the best.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
awsome. i think i may get some more trial sizes and see if there is one my bostons will like better. so far there just not that into dehydrated food. my one will eat it so i think ill keep him on it. i wish i could feed it to sarah she loved it.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]-I gave the turkey one this morning but the beef one last night called love and she liked it better so I have one more chicken one one to try but I think we found the one she likes!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.