General Question What do you give your bulldog for treats?

Zapien

Oct 30, 2012
Zillah, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Nihya
Hello EBN,

I'm been doing a lot if thinking about giving my bulldog puppies treats. I only gave mom, Nihya, treats from the store, but not occasionally. I've seen on EBN that many of you give apples, carrots, bananas, etc to your bulldogs?

What healthy treats do you give to your bullies, how much, and how often?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
good question, In the past I too have given store bought treats, then with all the sick dogs in the news and recalls on what was thought to be healthy treats, I stopped buying them. Now I use frozen blueberries , pieces of green beans, baby carrots, pieces of bananas, that sort of stuff, they love it. and I only give it to them once or twice a day. Or when I want them to do something to earn the treat. :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
good question, In the past I too have given store bought treats, then with all the sick dogs in the news and recalls on what was thought to be healthy treats, I stopped buying them. Now I use frozen blueberries , pieces of green beans, baby carrots, pieces of bananas, that sort of stuff, they love it. and I only give it to them once or twice a day. Or when I want them to do something to earn the treat. :yes:

I do the same thing... only I do buy Fruitables treats, but nothing else

L

Lucy-licious

Mine are happy to get kibble pieces as treats for doing things and for training. However they do get the occasional baby carrot, piece of banana, or an ice cube with a berry inside :D

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I give my guys cut up apples, bananas, green beans, shredded carrots, I used to give them baby carrots, but they don't chew them, so they came out as baby carrot bullets. Lol. I also give them wellness puppy soft holistic bits, for the same reason, they don't chew their cookies, or milk bone type treats, so tend to choke on them. I give them plain unsweetened or Greek yogurt about 3 times a week, as well as cottage cheese once a week. Sometimes I use their kibble as a treat, when I want them to do something. I also give them supplements everyday, I put a Tbsp of apple cider vinegar in their drinking water, they get salmon oil in their food for the Omegas, but you can also use cod liver oil, or coconut oil , and they get a cranberry pill as well once a day to prevent urinary and bladder infections. I only feed them good food, they are on Fromms, so I figure I should stick with more natural treats and snacks as well.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Mine are limited. carrots, not those little "baby" carrots, those are soaked in bleach to keep bacteria out after being milled. I just buy whole carrots and break off pieces. Some days they get a whole one, like chewing on a bone.

When Bella was a baby, we did bowling for berries. I rolled blueberries down the hall and she would run after them.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I give fruitable or EVO dog cookies. I also give apples but not to many or Lola gets the runs, banana, and watermelon. Lola loves watermelon!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas gets a bedtime snack every night and I vary it, fruits or veggies. I do treat him when I wash his folds and he sits still for me. I am VERY guilty of giving him "bites" of something I am eating IF it is something he can have.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I feed remi his kibble as treats, or treats from the same brand of food, which is very high quality. Natures variety instinct booster bites or biscuits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah gets mostly store bought treats as well she wont eat much in the way of fruit or veggies. she will eat banans and strawberries but not frozen green beans. she gets bravo chicken breast or natures variety instinct grain free biscuit treats mostly. she is allergic to milk or she would be getting yogurt to. sometimes she will get a bite of hamburger or chicken if im eating it and it doesnt have spices on it.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I give Herman his kibble as treats and Blue Buffalo Wilderness Grain-Free biscuits. For training I like the Blue Bits. I will also make him chicken jerky every once in a while. He will get frozen blue berries (if his dad doesnt eat them all) and frozen string beans (which his dad wont touch). Sometimes I'll put some frozen green beans in his dinner.

I bought him dried unsweetened banana chips onces (dad ate them all, once again), but I think he may be sensitive to banana. I am going to try coconut chips if I can find them.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I give treats only when training and I use cooked and diced pigs tongue or chicken gizzards.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I give my babies Fromm treats right now they have Lamb with Cranberry ... they love apples, oranges, banana, watermelon, pretty much any melon so far, frozen yogurt bones that I make myself, sweet potato treats (I plan to make my own at home with a dehydrator) I try to limit the store bought treats to brands I trust, Fromm, Wellness & want to try the Fruitables I keep hearing about.

Kozman

Nov 13, 2011
NYC
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
Fruit - frozen bananas, apples, watermellon . Veggies - cucumbers and celery

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.