Cottage cheese ???

abcmami

Jan 19, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Hi guys,

Does cottage cheese cause yeast? Bear is 1 1/2 years old and I've been giving him a spoonful of it in his meals because I heard it was good for them. I took him to the vet a couple of weeks ago because he was smelly from his tail pocket and the vet said that his anal glands had to be extracted and he was yeasty :confused: Should I stop the cottage cheese? He does like yogurt also.

image.jpg

Thank you :)

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Im not sure if it can cause yeast or not I would think it would be the opposite but Im not sure! Let me tag someone that knows about food [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] hope I tagged the riight person

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I don't think it causes yeast, but it can cause problems for some bullies if they are sensitive to dairy. You would be better off to give the yogurt everyday, and the cottage cheese once in a while, or once a week.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Moisture and starchy gluten foods cause yeast. When you clean his pocket make sure not to use something wet (baby wipe for example) but something that has a drying agent in it. Like witch hazel, malecetic, duoxo, ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
if your bully has an allergy to it then yes it can cause this. id stop both for a bit then see what happens. then start them one at a time and see if it happens again. clean the tp like desertskybulldogs said. you can always give a pill probiotic if he seems to have a problem with dairy.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.