General Question TOTW Vs. Nutrisca

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
My poor Gizmo has been having more skin issues lately. I've made a post on my "welcome" post about this. We're seeing a new vet this week. I came across a new food yesterday called Nutrisca. I don't see it on the food rating list here, but their website says they are rated 5 stars. The site and bag states they are grain, potato, and tapioca free. we currently feed TOTW pacific stream. I am wondering if the nustrica would be a better option that might help with her allergies. has anyone tried this brand? the pet store employee that normally helps me and seems very knowledgeable didnt know too much about it. he said it was new to the store.

if anyone has any suggestions on this food let me know.

Thanks =)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
My poor Gizmo has been having more skin issues lately. I've made a post on my "welcome" post about this. We're seeing a new vet this week. I came across a new food yesterday called Nutrisca. I don't see it on the food rating list here, but their website says they are rated 5 stars. The site and bag states they are grain, potato, and tapioca free. we currently feed TOTW pacific stream. I am wondering if the nustrica would be a better option that might help with her allergies. has anyone tried this brand? the pet store employee that normally helps me and seems very knowledgeable didnt know too much about it. he said it was new to the store.

if anyone has any suggestions on this food let me know.

Thanks =)

Yep, I'm currently feeding my 5 Nutrisca Lamb and chick pea and also the Salmon and chick pea. I also make home made mix of beef and vegs with usually one carb. either sweet potato or white rice. They eat the kibble plain just fine, they love it. no tear stains,,,, and good poop

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Welcome to another Gizmo :) :) we feed ToTW Salmon, we just made the switch from Blue Buffalo limited ingredients (cost factor) however, it seems that the pups are getting yeasty :( so we will probably have to go back (after all 4 30lb bags are used up! it was one HELLUVA christmas sale on Dog food!)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have fed both foods before. nutrisca is a good food but does not have any probiotics in it so you may want to add one to their diet. otherwise i think its fine and i would feed it over totw but thats just me. my dogs had good poop on this food but had to take them off due to allergies to peas. they also loved the taste and ate it just fine.

OP
GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
Welcome to another Gizmo :) :) we feed ToTW Salmon, we just made the switch from Blue Buffalo limited ingredients (cost factor) however, it seems that the pups are getting yeasty :( so we will probably have to go back (after all 4 30lb bags are used up! it was one HELLUVA christmas sale on Dog food!)

when u say they are yeasty, what does it look like? Giz has some inflamation and scaly patches around her neck. she is also licking and biting her toes/feet. I also have to keep a sweater or shirt on her at all times because shes so itchy that she will scratch open sores on her

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Yeasty... if you smell a distinctive Corn Chip Odor (Fritoes) then its a yeast problem - IF there is a yeast odor, make sure you wash all of her Bedding (and sweaters) several times during the week, while using a 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 Cup Hydrogen Peroxide, 2-3 Cups Warm water solution. We actually Pickle Gizmo's paws... by having her stand in the solution (we make a double batch, in a flat container, working the solution between the toes, up the feet and ankles) we do this 2 times a day for about a week, and it takes care of the Yeast infestation. - if its persistant yeast issue, then a change in food is in order Yeast loves Sugary Carbs (like sweet potatoes in some foods) Search 'Pickled Paws' or 'Yeast Solutions' or along that line here, and you will find numberous threads on the subject :)

OP
GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
Yeasty... if you smell a distinctive Corn Chip Odor (Fritoes) then its a yeast problem - IF there is a yeast odor, make sure you wash all of her Bedding (and sweaters) several times during the week, while using a 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 Cup Hydrogen Peroxide, 2-3 Cups Warm water solution. We actually Pickle Gizmo's paws... by having her stand in the solution (we make a double batch, in a flat container, working the solution between the toes, up the feet and ankles) we do this 2 times a day for about a week, and it takes care of the Yeast infestation. - if its persistant yeast issue, then a change in food is in order Yeast loves Sugary Carbs (like sweet potatoes in some foods) Search 'Pickled Paws' or 'Yeast Solutions' or along that line here, and you will find numberous threads on the subject :)

She doesn't smell funny. She had a random outbreak today that i'm thinking is a hotspot. its wet and large but doesn't seem to itch her. i'm frustrated because i had her on TOTW but started yesterday with changing her over to nutriscas grain and potato free food. i don't know if the break out was from that, the antibiotics she started one, a homemade treat that a friend made for her, or some other random thing that she could have gotten into. i'm planning on calling the vet first thing in the morning but i'm just so frustrated. i hate seeing my little girl so miserable. i just want her to be happy and healthy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.