Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: taste of wild question

The adult, grain free Avoderm eliminated Brutus's (also an older adoptee) gas
    and nasty, constant eye goopiness. He had thin hair w/bald spots and sores...
    cleared all that up! Having said all that, he seems to have become yeasty to the
    Red Meat w/Potato he's been on (was allergic to their salmon, lamb, trout) and
    Avoderm did away w/their 3o lb bag and now only offers in lgest form, 22 lbs and
    went UP on it. So I'm going to try TOTW's Pacifica Stream w/Salmon...will let you
    know how goes.

When you transition, it must be slowly and after transition can take up to 2 months
    to evaluate if good or bad for your pet. It's frustrating and takes time...Why it's a
    PITA when having food allergies to find the right food...also expensive (1/2 bags of
    rejected food). Good luck!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

thats so weird whatever one I pulled up on my phone is outdated then. I can still pull it up. Whatever thanks for updated one. and now Im not sure if I should go with the adult form of Avoderm or try ToTW. So many options. I mean I can get ToTW locally, but Avo is higher on the rating. AHHHHH choices choices...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

ALSO is the only reason ToTW got dropped to four star was cause of the recalls and IF so how has then been lately?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

I need to collect my thoughts but Im kinda just looking at the ratings and prices through petflow. Anyone can compare Fromm gold to any of avo or ToTW.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by prendatram View Post
    I need to collect my thoughts but Im kinda just looking at the ratings and prices through petflow. Anyone can compare Fromm gold to any of avo or ToTW.
    It IS tough...I'm not left in the best financial shape with my husband's recent & sudden death.

AND...I'm going to find another bully to adopt or rescue so I'm looking for great nutrition at an
    affordable price. Avoderm's grain free has been great for Brutus BUT as he's been on the potato
    he's becoming yeasty AND Avoderm went up on their price quite a bit so w/all that I'm going to try
    TOTW's Pacific Stream (Salmon)...I do think their lower rating is based on the recall but in their case
    I believe it was confined to ONE facility. It's easy to p/up at Tractor Supply and reasonable in price.

Also saving money by not having to buy extra added in Salmon Oil
    Will keep you informed/Good luck!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

ALSO is the only reason ToTW got dropped to four star was cause of the recalls and IF so how has then been lately?
    they just had a recall last year in may for salmonella in their south carolina plant.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

personnally id feed from 4 star over either of those

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads