Help Needed! All Stages Food

Zapien

Oct 30, 2012
Zillah, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Nihya
Everyone,

First if all Merry Xmas to you all and I hope all of you had a great time with your families.

As some of you may know, I've been looking to switch out what I'm currently feeding my 7 week old puppies and mom. I'll be starting the switch tomorrow as all the stores have been closed the last couple of days.

If I switch out food, I'd have to purchase adult food for mom and puppy food for the puppies. I've done my research and I understand that finding the right kibble is all about trial and error. With that in mind, I also understand that Taste of the Wild, Canidae, and Natural Balance carry All Stages food at approx $50/28-30 lb bag.

What do you think about me feeding mom and puppies an All Stages kibble? Have any of you tried something like this before and what were your results?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
All Life Stages is fine for pups. If you want a little more calcium and/or protein add a bit of yogurt or cottage cheese. Actually, since the pups are so young, you might want to add a little salt free broth to soften it up.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have Lola on fromm puppy but her new bag is a all stages kind from fromm and looking at it they look just a like to if they look the same it would be ok. I swear by cottage cheese! Lola didnt care much for yogurt and it gave her the runs but for some reason cottage cheese works with her.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im no puppy expert but i think you should feed puppy food till they are at least 3 or 4 months and some people use it till they are 6 months old. i will tag some puppy peeps to give more input. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
All stage food is supposed to be fine for pups, but we always feed our pups FROMM Puppy Gold until they are about 8 months of age then switch them over.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
All stage food is supposed to be fine for pups, but we always feed our pups FROMM Puppy Gold until they are about 8 months of age then switch them over.

Agreed here, you can do it sooner with an ALS but I like to wait until they are older.

Fromm puppy large breed is developed to ensure a slow growth pattern rather than a fast one. Good for our bullies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions