Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We have a new Bully and she's not eating.

mabel lou

Default Re: We have a new Bully and she's not eating.

I have come to the conclusion that most rescues lack what it feels like to be loved be that with a pat on the head or a belly rub or a bowl of waterr or just dog food. As overwhelming it may be it is sad that they do not no how to react to normal things that we just do on a normal basis for our animals. They cling to the ones who show them these very unusual things in their little eyes that we do for them. The journey for them is typically longer (at least from what I am seeing from Thelm, but she is learning little bits and pieces of what I am asking from her) and sometimes you find yourself struggling trying to understand what throws them back to uncertainty. Thelm never had anyone who showed her what no potty was all about so it was so typical of her to just stop and pee. Mabel on the other hand understood what no potty was all about. I am seeing how easily one picks up habits from the other. Now on the other hand it doesn't have to be all bad because Thelm is now learning some commands but lol she does have a way of doing it in her own way. As long as she is getting it we are succeeding over here. We have many hurdles to overcome and new hurdles from my girl Mabel, who is going through the same phase of what Thelm is doing when it comes to stopping and peeing. Both are trained and treated equally but I am learning to remember they are both different yet unique in their own ways. I love my girls and with that I know together we can somehow do this together. God bless

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

GOD bless you for rescuing a wonderful bully that so needed your kind, caring & loving heart

There will be challenges to overcome but together you will do it, patience, understanding and
    consistency will pay off soon. She didn't get overweight overnight & she won't lose it overnight.

You will be amazed how soon she will adjust, really, relax, get to know each other & have fun!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@Libra926...would Vegas Stew help her lose weight after she is feeling at home??

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    @Libra926...would Vegas Stew help her lose weight after she is feeling at home??
    Absolutely! If she's used to eating a lot...it's a great way to actually reduce the amount of calories she is taking in (you have to decrease the amount of kibble) ...but letting her eat so she feels satisfied. Vegas and Orion loved it! They looked like they wanted nothing more than an endless pot of stew to munch on.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear she is now eating.... lots of bullies like company when they are eating. Our boy was like that, if we left the room while he was eating - he'd stop and follow us. Now, our girl.... ppffftt, she is ALL about food, nothing stops her from eating.

I also use to work at a daycare and there were a number of dogs that were like this, we had to stand or sit by their crate until they finished eating.

Keep us posted on how she is doing... and thank you for adopting her and giving her a great new home.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh im so glad they are eating now. keep us updated on how they are doing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads