General Question Acana Pacifica

reillysmom

Jul 12, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reilly
So I had Reilly on a raw beef diet for about two weeks from Nature's Variety instinct. It was awful!! he was itching like crazy, horrible gas, etc. I went back to the store I bought the food and they then suspected he may have a red meat allergy, after telling them every other food he has been on. And I thought to myself "Every food I have ever given Reilly was meat, never tried fish" So after researching a million different brands, I decided to go with Acana Pacifica since it is grain-free. Well needless to say, its only been 1 week but he has not chewed or licked his paws to death this whole week. His tear stains have also completely cleared. I hope I am not jinxing myself writing this!:pray: but I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have FINALLY found the best food for him.

Has anyone had any success or disasters with this Acana Pacifica? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I have not tried it --- but I just might! We are currently eating Acana Duck Bartlett Pear -- after a consultation with my GastroIntroGoddess, [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] -- and Bo (he's the problem child) is doing pretty well. I don't know why I've avoided the fish flavors of things -- maybe that's the magic bullet for Bo? I loves Salmon Oil....

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
acana is awsome food and ive been trying to get some people here to try some of it mostly the single protein ones. i have not used the pacifica but ive used the grasslands and the lamb and apple one for my boston and he is doing great on it. sarah cannot have kibble as she reacts to all of it. i hope it continues for you to be great. :2thumbs:

OP
R

reillysmom

Jul 12, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reilly
I am always communicating with the Georgia English Bulldog Rescue Network, they said they feed all of their rescues TOTW Pacific Stream. None have a reaction they always say, and their bully's look AMAZING! I will keep everyone updated!! Merry Christmas!!

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I have Ms. Tuni on Pacifica and she's doing great on it! We love it so far. She also has a red meat allergy, we tried Fromm Beef Fritatta and her eyes were red all the time and very watery.

OP
R

reillysmom

Jul 12, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reilly
still so far so good for us on the Pacifica. Had to take him to the vet yesterday for an inflammation due to ear infection. Hope its not the food. Now on antibiotics and prednisone...Still keeping him on this food because he is not chewing his feet like he usually does.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
So glad things are still going good! Hopefully you can keep him on that food!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
awsome i hope it works out and you can get his ear cleared up soon. keep us updated. :2thumbs:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.