URGENT!!! Feeding!!!!!!!

OP
K

Keisha

Dec 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Thats most definatly me.. Now if we can just figure out the Costco food then we may be in business!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I feed Fromm to my two dogs it last about a month its so great I love it an I give apple cider vinegar in their water salmon oil to my female it gives my male bad tear stains I'm sorry but I have to say this every dog food you can buy in the grocery store the meat they use is roadkill an euthanized pets it looks like real meat on the bag an it looks so great but if you really look at the ingredients an go online look everything up you will see I used to feed that stuff to my dog was 14 an he was fed that his hole life an now that he passed an I did research I know he would of made it longer if I fed him good food it kills me but if I can help change someone's mind about feeding good dog food I'm happy. I didn't mean for any of this to sound mean I had know idea either it makes me sick to see what they get away with good luck on finding a food

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
I too was a little confused about all the different dog foods and what is best. Reading all there was on the allergies of these dogs, I decided to find the best food out there to head off any problems. I had a bullmastiff that had TERRIBLE ear problems. The Vet never ONCE suggested a food allergy. I bought good food, but it had potatoes and grains (from THIS site I have learned that yeast problems can stem from the potato ) I wish I had discovered this site years ago when I was spending $$$$$$$$ on vet bills for my poor bully's ear problems! Bottom line, I truly believe that the knowledge of all those that have the experiance here, will save you so much in the long run. I actually wrote out each dogfood with it's ingredients (kind of like a schematic chart) and took all the recommendations to heart. I settled on Fromm puppy, and Bogey is doing great on it! Had some diarrhea 2 days ago, but I am sure it was a treat I gave him. I really don't think you will regret spending a little more to get more!! Good luck!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok so i looked up costco but could not see all the foods they have and the ones i know of like diamond and kirkland stuff is made by diamond manufacturing which has had many recalls on their foods the last being last year for salmonella. having said that i know of several people who feed diamond and taste of the wild with no problems but for me its not worth the risk. if your looking for something cheaper you may want to look at earthborn holistic or nutrisource brands. ordering is great as it comes to your door and you dont have to go get it and lug it home. i have fed cheaper grocery store food and well i feed much less of good food and save on vet bills. bullies are a different breed who need different food and care. keep us updated on what you decide.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
My breeder uses the stuff from costco and she hasn't had a problem but they do have a lot of recalls. Really what I would do is get a bag and try it see how your bully does on it because when it comes to money you just get the best you can and it will have to be good enough. Was there myself not to long ago!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
No, but I've heard it's pretty good. Did you read the dog food ratings? Also you could ask Desertskybulldogs , or Cowsmom , as they are experienced with the food labels and nutrition. I know that Costco sells things under their Kirkland brand name, but that bigger companies make it for them. For instance Huggies makes their Kirkland diapers and wipes. I don't know who the manufacturer of their dogfood is, but I've heard it's a pretty good food, and comparable to the Blue ingredients.

OP
K

Keisha

Dec 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
For right now we are slowly switching to natural balance. its what the bully owner at the local petshop suggested.. but im planning on looking into the Costco brands after he passes the 6 month mark

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
For right now we are slowly switching to natural balance. its what the bully owner at the local petshop suggested.. but im planning on looking into the Costco brands after he passes the 6 month mark

Keisha, Natural Balance is also riddled with Recalls. And you get a triple whammy because Kirkland Dog Food is a better food than Natural Balance AND Kirkland is cheaper than Natural Balance. So, if you can afford Natural Balance and you have a Cosco membership, I recommend going ahead and using Kirkland.

But before you do that, see if you can fit Earthborn Holistics Grain-Free in your budget. It costs $50 for a 28-lb bag. Kirkland is $30 for a 40-lb bag. Big difference, I know. Earthborn is a quality estabilshment in about the same league as Fromm but cheaper than Fromm. They don't sell it at PetSmart though. They do sell it at petflow.com with the free shipping. If this is just not possible for you, I suggest going with Kirkland.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Keisha, Natural Balance is also riddled with Recalls. And you get a triple whammy because Kirkland Dog Food is a better food than Natural Balance AND Kirkland is cheaper than Natural Balance. So, if you can afford Natural Balance and you have a Cosco membership, I recommend going ahead and using Kirkland.

But before you do that, see if you can fit Earthborn Holistics Grain-Free in your budget. It costs $50 for a 28-lb bag. Kirkland is $30 for a 40-lb bag. Big difference, I know. Earthborn is a quality estabilshment in about the same league as Fromm but cheaper than Fromm. They don't sell it at PetSmart though. They do sell it at petflow.com with the free shipping. If this is just not possible for you, I suggest going with Kirkland.

:D. Well...looky what the :bully: drug in! :ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online