General Question Shedding from Fromm? Or is it something else?

bulliemama

Oct 26, 2012
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin 8/20/12, Winston 10/23/03-7/5/12
Hey all, just wondering if anyone else has experienced shedding from Fromm. Franklin is doing great on it, his coat is super soft and his tear stains are slowly but surely clearing up, firm poops, I couldn't be happier. But he never shedded like this before. I've been giving him frozen green beans as treats as recommended on here so I'm not sure what it could be. Is he missing something in his diet?

Here's a pic of my little guy. He's not happy that I forced him to pose next to the hydrant, lol
photo.jpg

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have had Lola on fromm pretty much since I got her but she does shed a lot not sure what the reason is though. I will be checking back with this post to see what others say!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I am just getting ready to try the Fromm, I've been feeding Wellness Core & Honest Kitchen Dehydrated Raw so I'm of no help but wanted to say just how cute Franklin is!! Love the pouty face from not wanting to pose there ... too too cute!!

OP
bulliemama

bulliemama

Oct 26, 2012
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
I am just getting ready to try the Fromm, I've been feeding Wellness Core & Honest Kitchen Dehydrated Raw so I'm of no help but wanted to say just how cute Franklin is!! Love the pouty face from not wanting to pose there ... too too cute!!

[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] it's been great in every aspect except for this shedding. I'm hoping I can give him some plain yogurt or something to help because sweeping and vacuuming every day is no fun lol. Love diesel and molly in their Christmas outfits, adorabull :)

OP
bulliemama

bulliemama

Oct 26, 2012
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
I have had Lola on fromm pretty much since I got her but she does shed a lot not sure what the reason is though. I will be checking back with this post to see what others say!

Do you give her any supplements or salmon oil? I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here because I love the food for Franklin and don't want to switch over something as simple as shedding.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
@bulldogs4me it's been great in every aspect except for this shedding. I'm hoping I can give him some plain yogurt or something to help because sweeping and vacuuming every day is no fun lol. Love diesel and molly in their Christmas outfits, adorabull :)

Thank you! Oh I forgot to mention I give Grizzly Salmon Oil in their breakfast every single morning ... it helps with shedding and a host of other things!

OP
bulliemama

bulliemama

Oct 26, 2012
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
I've been trying to buy that but Amazon has been sold out. Can I get it anywhere else?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
@bulliemama-I give cottage cheese, I have tried salmon oil but Lola doesn't care for the taste so I havent for a while.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I give Franklin Fromm beef frittata i love it his tear stains are going away i was giving him salmon oil but his tear stains started to come back so I stopped he's not shedding now but I don't know if it was from the Fromm or salmon oil I give him green beans to if he starts to shed again then it was the oil an ill be sure to let you know good luck maybe it's just his winter coat coming in?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I've been trying to buy that but Amazon has been sold out. Can I get it anywhere else?

Petflow and Carolina Pet pantry have it. It will help! Could be the time of year to blow out the coat, they always shed but twice a year it's really bad! :eek:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
That must be what it is for Lola because its been bad for 2 weeks!

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
I haven't really noticed any shedding with Xena, but we have 4 dogs so sweeping is a daily thing anyways. We give Xena a squirt of salmon oil with each meal, and she gets 1 NuVet Plus tablet with breakfast. She is still on Fromm puppy, and does get her green beans and string cheese as treats.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As said by another response... it could be time to 'blow the coat', but it could just be his coat type and how he will shed. Banks barely sheds most of the year, but once a year it is insane.... then there was Nitschke, he shed like crazy all year long and worse in the spring/fall. I started using the Kong Zoom Groom on him during those times and it made a huge difference

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you can also give fish oil that people use. you can give the capsule whole or poke a hole in it and squeeze it on the food which is what i do when i run out of grizzly. just fish oil 1000 or they have grizzly at petco to. sarah is not a big shedder but i know some bullies here are and some just at certain times of the year.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.