Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shedding from Fromm? Or is it something else?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin 8/20/12, Winston 10/23/03-7/5/12
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Shedding from Fromm? Or is it something else?

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    OMG, we are twins. I tend to over react, so I'm constantly analyzing if something is for real.

I can tell you brushing Remi with an every day wire brush has really cut down on his shedding. I brush him every couple of days.
    It's better to over react sooner than find out something is wrong later, as far as I'm concerned.
    I've been using the zoom groom but the furmanator is arriving tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I'll try the wire brush.
    Winston
    10/23/03-7/5/12

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Mine is almost 6 months old and she also eats Fromm but I think our babies are just changing their coat from puppy to adult.

My entire house has dog hair and it drives me crazy! I already have the zoomgroom and furminator and use them often. I also give her coconut oil and hardy pet complete as a multivitamin. So I went online on amazon and bought the furminator anti shedding shampoo and conditioner plus I went to Walmart and got me a little portable pet vacuum!

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I also feed my 2 guys Fromms Beef, and my 2 shed as well , but I don't think it is the food. I had a Jack Russell for 14 yrs, and she had the same type of short coat like my bullies. I think it's just the type of coat they have, the short hair breeds shed a lot. I add salmon oil to their food, and it's supposed to be good for the skin and fur, plus it has the added health benefits of the Omegas. I find what helps to minimize the shedding is regular baths and brushing. I give my guys a bath usually once a week, but over the holiday bustle, it's been about 2 weeks, and I brush them after really well, this helps to get rid of all the loose hair. I also brush them a couple of times a week. They like it, it's kind of like a massage, they will stretch out and let me brush them.

As for the floors, we have dark laminate wood floors which show everything, lint, hair, dust, etc. We vacuum, sweep and swiffer our floors every Wednesday, and then on Sunday we vacuum, sweep and swiffer, and damp mop the floors. This helps a lot to control the hair, and you don't have to do it everyday. I think the shedding hair and hair in our house and on our clothes just comes with the territory of owning pets. Lol. But there are ways of minimizing and controlling it. I hope this helps.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads