RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Gizmo and Hershey are going to the Vet tomorrow for their check up... and I'm gonna drop the $$$$ on Allergy testing (Blood Test) for them both, I hate to keep them on the Blue Buffalo Basic's Salmon, as its their most expensive formula out there. If we can get by with the Taste of the Wild Salmon (Gizmo was on it before, but I got scared away due to all of the recalls from that one manufacturing plant)

$55 for 24lbs vs $45 for 30lbs - its a pretty big savings when feeding two bullies.

Good luck, and I'll post the allergy results here whenever I get them back :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes i would get the allergy test. it really helped me narrow down what was going on with sarah. she is not perfect now but she is alot better than she was. it will really help narrow things down in the long run. now some of the results maybe wrong but it is a good tool to see where to go next.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Well guys today I changed to natures variety instinct beef and lamb. I tried the chicken first and with no improvements decided not to give him the chicken anymore. He has always been on kibble so I got some. I also got some canned and the bags that go in the freezer. Is it ok to feed him a varity of forms of the same food?
if i were you i would not be giving your dog with problems already alot of different things. if you want to try the kibble and slowly switch them over then ok. only after a complete food switch and they are fine on it for a bit would i be adding anything else to his diet otherwise you will not know which thing is causing a problem should there be one. if you want to try the freezer bags first then just do that and that only till you see how your dog reacts to it then add in other things if you want to one at a time.

OP
C

Camsmom

Dec 6, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Camden
I switched Camden to nvi chicken about 3 weeks ago. Then yesterday we got the nvi lamb and beef. His energy level has improved since taking him off the store bought iams no new spots on the top of his head the ones he already had aren't getting any bigger. Maybe I just didn't give the switch enough time to see the improvement. A yr ago when he had the first spots I thought they were ringworm. Had them scrapped at the vet and they came back neg. for ringworm and mange. Vet said it was his food. I'm sure the fact that my kids have been sharing food with Cam hasn't helped. We just had a talk with them and they know now cam can't have anything except his food. This morning Cam seems to be feeling like himself he has been wanting to play all morning with dad and his new baby(rubber toy). I am going to continue with this food until we see the vet on Wednesday I will post any changes and how his visit goes.

OP
C

Camsmom

Dec 6, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Camden
I give up;) can't seem to get the pic up.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
so how is cam now? it can take weeks to see changes in a food switch. some things can come right away some take longer. [MENTION=7279]Camsmom[/MENTION]

Most Reactions