General Question Natures Domain at Costco

Twiegs

Dec 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hello,

What are your thoughts on feeding a Bulldog puppy Natures Domain from Costco? They have two types: Salmon and Sweet Potato and Turkey and Sweet Potato. Has anyone had good success with feeding this food? I found some info on the forum but its all pretty old. Any recent updates on how this food is working for you?

Thanks!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
For what you get for the price it's pretty good, does not give off a very shiny coat though. However, it is made by the same company that makes Taste of the Wild. The company, Diamond pet foods, recently had a recall. Comparing ingredients to the Taste of the Wild salmon formula vs Natures Domain salmon, the Natures Domsin has more potatoes.

OP
T

Twiegs

Dec 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thank you for the information. I looked at the food ratings and didn't see Natures Domain listed. How many stars would you rate it?

Thanks!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Hello,

What are your thoughts on feeding a Bulldog puppy Natures Domain from Costco? They have two types: Salmon and Sweet Potato and Turkey and Sweet Potato. Has anyone had good success with feeding this food? I found some info on the forum but its all pretty old. Any recent updates on how this food is working for you?

Thanks!

The salmon and sweet potato formula was recently recalled due to salmonella. I'm not sure I would trust anything made by or in conjunction with Diamond Foods. This isn't the first, second or even THIRD time they have had problems with their products.

Is there a reason that you are interested specifically in this food?

Last edited:
OP
T

Twiegs

Dec 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thanks for the info! I'm trying to get the best food possible while on a budget. Doesn't sound like this would be the right food.

The salmon and sweet potato formula was recently recalled due to salmonella. I'm not sure I would trust anything made by or in conjunction with Diamond Foods. This isn't the first, second or even THIRD time they have had problems with their products.

Is there a reason that you are interested specifically in this food?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
My breeder uses one from costco im not sure if its the same exact one but you have to be careful of how much you are feeding and the fat in the food because it will pack on weight fast but also she believes in free feeding so that may be why also. I feed fromm and Lola is more lean.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Thanks for the info! I'm trying to get the best food possible while on a budget. Doesn't sound like this would be the right food.

It is SO difficult when you're on a budget!! Just remember that with a high quality food, you actually feed less. Usually it's even less than what is suggested on the bag itself!!

Here's another thought too .. and I dont' know if it would work for you .... but a lot of people are turning to home cooked food and it appears to work out a lot cheaper than the bags of food. There are lots of threads on how to do this if you wanted to investigate further!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Natures logic is right up there with Fromm and its $10 or $15 cheaper :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
You could also try earthborn grain free varieties they are not as much and nutrisource is a good brand that's cheaper to.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.