Help Needed! fromm vs. nvi

wozrob11

Jan 3, 2011
bristol ,CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
hi everyone my little buddy brutus has been on fromm surf and turf for about a year and a half. Then all of a sudden out of no where he started getting red tear stains red face and red between his paws and also alot of paw licking . So i switched him to fromm beef fritatia but same thing red paws red face and paw licking so then again i switched to fromm grain free salmon and also no change. i am thinking its the fromm which makes me upset because i loved the fromm food for him . So i am gonna try a switch to NVI grain free or maybe the NVI raw can anybody fill me in on the NVI grain free formula and which one would be the best and if the NVI raw is anygood thanks for the help.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Let's get @cowsmom here..she is our Food Guru. Jake started on Surf n Turf..and ended up having a few issues. It's got chicken in it and Jake and by the way..lots of Bully's... Can't tolerate chicken. I tried NVI salmon and in three days Jake had the worst ever reactions. But as you know..they are all different!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=1673]wozrob11[/MENTION] I used to feed Mocha Natural Balance Limited Ingredients and she did very good on it. I then change to NVI grain free the Salmon one and she has also done great on this one. So I can tell you that NVI has been awesome on Mocha.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok well first off has anything changed? a new treat perhaps or some people food. new laundry detergent or dog shampoo? if no then nvi can be a good choice. ive not used the raw but ive heard some people say they like it. if you want to do nvi you could try the limited ingredient or maybe the beef and lamb one. you could also try some beef n rice for a few days and see if that helps. keep me updated on how its going [MENTION=1673]wozrob11[/MENTION]

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
I recently switched Olive's food with assistance from cows mom. She is eating the nvi beef and lamb and doing very well on it. Her runny eyes are much improved and her tear stains are gone. Another idea that may help is Zyrtec. She weighs 49# and I give her a half tab. Good Luck! I found messing around with food stressful and was thankful for the helpful guidance I was given

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Hi there! I've fed NVI to my bullies for the past few years after trying many, many foods.

I used NVI LID Turkey forumula. They do the best on that one, though they also have a lamb formula. I have had good luck with the food however, it can make the stools firm so be sure to mix with a little hot water if you find that is the case in your baby.

Hopefully you find something that works - what is good for one bully isn't for another so here's hoping!

OP
wozrob11

wozrob11

Jan 3, 2011
bristol ,CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
just checking back in . there was no changes in his treats or fabric softner im thinking it is in the fromm . so i found a place near my house that sells the NVI grain free limited ingredients. im gonna try the lamb or the turkey im not decided yet but im gonna slowly switch him over and see how it works he is pretty bad right now so im hoping to see some improvement with in a couple of days i ll keep checking in and thank you everyone for there info :)

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online