Help Needed! Ton just got out of the hospital

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I am so sorry you had to go through all of that! :hug:
From all your posts on the forum, it is clear how much you love your babies, and she had no right to talk to you that way.
I have no words of wisdom, but I am sending lots of positive vibes to you and Ton!!!

BarkingStella

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Peggy ,Stella ,Gabby
Don't be hard in yourself. I have worked for 6 vets. Some thought they knew everything, others were kind and humble and realized they did not know everything. Good for you for standing up for yourself! Anyone who has been around bulldogs will tell you that this breed does not follow the "rules". The experienced breeder has experience that wise vets listen to and learn from. I am so glad the little guy is doing better.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Goodness, I hope little Ton is getting better! What a horrible Lady to be so mean to both you and him.

I know nothing about raising little puppies at all. The only newborns I have ever been around were Golden Retrievers, and even with a litter of 8 pups the Mama dog Ginger did just fine without much help at all from us. This has been over 20 years ago.

The one thing that I can and will do is encourage you to speak to the Vet who owns the practice, once you know you can get ahold of him. This new lady might be ruining his business and he deserves to know about it. If she has been this mean to you, who else has she raked over the coals on the basis of her ignorance? What scares me is that her idiocy might be endangering the lives of other pets, certainly she has made a mess of baby Ton's first few days!

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
I'm not of any help, but I send well wishes to Ton, & good job to you for not listening to someone who obviously is missing some part of their heart. Keep on taking care of Ton, & stay strong!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
First off tell that vet to stick it and go find yourself a GOOD bully vet. Like [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] said feed that baby every two hours until the end of week two then go to every 3 hours. Weigh your pup everyday to make sure he is gaining weight. He should gain everyday. Let him nurse from mama, unless she is not producing enough milk then you need to supplement. Either tube feed or bottle feed. Finding the right bottle is challenging, to get the right size for him. We went through this with Buddy as he was an only pup and mama did not produce enough milk to sustain him. Also like Sherry said stimulate him to pee and poo every time you feed, until around 3 or 4 weeks, then he should be going on his own. Keep us posted, as how it is going.

OP
A

Alaskasmom1

Ton has been eating very well all through last night and this morning. I want to thank you all for your encouragement and comforting words of wisdom and support. Hugs...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ton has been eating very well all through last night and this morning. I want to thank you all for your encouragement and comforting words of wisdom and support. Hugs...

That is so great to hear!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh dear im sorry ive not been here to read this thead. i have no breeding experience but i just wanted to give you a hug and wish the best for you and ton. :hug:

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Good for you!!! Your strength and intuition have kept Ton thriving. Shame on that vet!!!!! Someone who is not as strong as you might have had a tragedy. That is why it would be generous of you to let someone else at the clinic who is in a position to do something, know how awful your experience was. That was the last thing you needed while in such a vulnerable place with a tiny newborn puppy. Glad to know Ton is thriving.

OP
A

Alaskasmom1

I can't find it :(

I watched it to make sure it loaded but maybe I didn't load it in the right place. Wow, I'm so intelligent, I skeer meself.mim going out to church in a few but I will check it when I get back home if I don't forget. I actually was on the main page, not on Tapatalk and loaded it from YouTube. But, ill check what I did with it soon :-)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.