Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ton just got out of the hospital

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ton just got out of the hospital

I am so sorry to hear your frustrations. Sounds like you will be on track soon.

Always with me

mabel lou

Wow you sure have been put through the wringer. I see you as a strong woman from what your saying who is doing great with her puppy and the momma. So what if this vet has her own personal opinion. She certainly needs to take a class on compassion. That is rude and disrespectful to speak to you in such a way. If she is not an understanding doctor then she needs to find another carreer because you have to feel for the animal and the owner and you direct them in ways to do what is best for the animal. But you have this site until you find the vet that your comfortable with. I wish you the best in locating a experienced compassionate vet that has a lot of knowledge with EBDs. God bless

Alaskasmom1

I love you guys<3

Bulldog Vet in Training LaurenA's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rook
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry you had to go through all of that!
    From all your posts on the forum, it is clear how much you love your babies, and she had no right to talk to you that way.
    I have no words of wisdom, but I am sending lots of positive vibes to you and Ton!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Peggy ,Stella ,Gabby
    Likes (Received)

Don't be hard in yourself. I have worked for 6 vets. Some thought they knew everything, others were kind and humble and realized they did not know everything. Good for you for standing up for yourself! Anyone who has been around bulldogs will tell you that this breed does not follow the "rules". The experienced breeder has experience that wise vets listen to and learn from. I am so glad the little guy is doing better.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracy Edwards Thompson
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

Goodness, I hope little Ton is getting better! What a horrible Lady to be so mean to both you and him.

I know nothing about raising little puppies at all. The only newborns I have ever been around were Golden Retrievers, and even with a litter of 8 pups the Mama dog Ginger did just fine without much help at all from us. This has been over 20 years ago.

The one thing that I can and will do is encourage you to speak to the Vet who owns the practice, once you know you can get ahold of him. This new lady might be ruining his business and he deserves to know about it. If she has been this mean to you, who else has she raked over the coals on the basis of her ignorance? What scares me is that her idiocy might be endangering the lives of other pets, certainly she has made a mess of baby Ton's first few days!

Proud Mother of Winston Biscuit since October 30, 2010.

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member Dee J's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
    Likes (Received)

I'm not of any help, but I send well wishes to Ton, & good job to you for not listening to someone who obviously is missing some part of their heart. Keep on taking care of Ton, & stay strong!
    The boy that stole my heart forever, Brutus Mayhem

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

I am sorry you had to go through that, I hope you can get some help on here and that Ton gets better quickly!!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

First off tell that vet to stick it and go find yourself a GOOD bully vet. Like @Sherry said feed that baby every two hours until the end of week two then go to every 3 hours. Weigh your pup everyday to make sure he is gaining weight. He should gain everyday. Let him nurse from mama, unless she is not producing enough milk then you need to supplement. Either tube feed or bottle feed. Finding the right bottle is challenging, to get the right size for him. We went through this with Buddy as he was an only pup and mama did not produce enough milk to sustain him. Also like Sherry said stimulate him to pee and poo every time you feed, until around 3 or 4 weeks, then he should be going on his own. Keep us posted, as how it is going.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Alaskasmom1

Ton has been eating very well all through last night and this morning. I want to thank you all for your encouragement and comforting words of wisdom and support. Hugs...

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskasmom1 View Post
    Ton has been eating very well all through last night and this morning. I want to thank you all for your encouragement and comforting words of wisdom and support. Hugs...
    That is so great to hear!!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Alaskasmom1

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    That is so great to hear!!
    Lisa, I posted that video of Tank ripping into my tree :-)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Remove Ads