adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hey all,

My 7 month old EB, Winston just decided the other day that he doesnt like his food. He was on TOTW Pacific Salmon - Puppy...he would walk over to his bowl, sniff it and walk away. I decided that maybe he didnt like his food anymore so I purchased a bad of Orijin - Large Puppy...he ate some of it like it was going out of style.
Have any of your bullies got sick of their food? Just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
No , never had that problem with my two, they eat everything good or bad, lol. They actually are little goats, have to watch them like a hawk, they'll eat shoes, socks, sticks, rocks, toys, stuffed animals, cell phones, plants, trees, pinecones, each other, paper, paper towel, toilet paper, bags, any food or drink they see, the cat, you American it, they will try to eat it. Lol, but food has never been a problem, they are Hoovers and will inhale their food, I don't think they even taste it. My female Blossom is the worst, when she hears the bag of food, or any bag of food like cereal, she will catapult her body against the crate, and she starts to whine like you haven't fed her in a month. When I open the door, I have to hold it because she charges out and one dy she will succeed in taking the door off the hinges I'm sure. She runs into the kitchen and will literally inhale her food, without tasting or chewing it I'm sure. If I don't feed her by herself, then she will eat her food, then push her brother away, and inhale his food, then she will go after the cat food, so I have to make sure that the bowl is up off the floor. Then if that's not enough, she goes right over to the bin where I keep their food, and she has figured out how to open the latch with her nose, so she dives in head first, and front paws in, and attempts to inhale the food in the bin as well, the bin holds a 30 lb bag of food, and I think if she had the chance she would eat herself to the bottom, until she exploded. She's too funny. Dozer on the other hand sits so nice and like a little Gentleman and waits for me to put his food down, then he eats really slow, partly because of his severe underbite, his teeth don't meet together, so he eats slower.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon goes through phases of voracious eater to picking at his food. We found that if you add a little water, pumpkin, yogurt, acv, or salmon oil to his food he tends to like it more. Just so it's not the same thing day in and day out. Tonight he shall be having steak and cake for dinner for his bday

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
yes, my gang would get quite bored with dry kibble everyday, until I started making homemade and mixing it in. now they chow down and make the greatest noises telling me how much they love it! :cooking:

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
Winston is absolutely gorgeous! We didn't have much luck with kibble. Penelope was not interested in her food unless it was smothered in yogurt, canned food, gravy, or something. We tried a few different types of kibble and she seemed no more interested in any of them. Finally, we were going to try one last type of kibble, and the owner of the pet food store we go to convinced us to try a raw diet. She absolutely loves her food now! She is so excited for each meal. It has also been so much easier to monitor her food and determine what, if any foods are causing reactions. She has more energy and the poops and farts are waaaaaay less smelly. She did like her kibble when it had the Grizzly Salmon Oil on it. Hope you can find that perfect food for your precious pup. They can be so fussy!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You've gotten great answers..just want to say :welcome: and Winston is one very handsome Bully! I hope you enjoy the forum. It's really a pretty special place! :yes:

OP
adamslater

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thank you everyone for the great info!! This site is so helpful, its amazing that everyone is able to share and help others. I am thrilled I am not the only one beyond in love with my dog and the breed. I have been looking up info on this site since Winston was 8 weeks. You are all wonderful!

Have a great weekend!!!

IMG_20120901_133508.jpgphoto(2).jpg

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Wilson is beautiful. Amber gets homemade food and blue buffalo so she gets lots of variety. Her absolute favorite food is lamb so we gave her that on her birthday last week. My Great Dane took to spells of not eating when I had her on kibbles years ago and I would put bacon grease (maybe two tablespoons) in it and she would eat every drop of food. She too is now on homemade food. Good luck.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I have the same problem with Otis - I try everything, salmon oil, pumpkin, squash yadda yadda - it seems good for a couple of days and than wham he turns his nose to it. It's been really difficult to balance. Maybe I should look into the raw food but I just dont know if I have the time. Best of luck to you, I guess we have too stubborn boys.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Herman has never turned down any food LOL But I usually put in pumpkin and/or coconut oil. I've recently started warming up a few string beans (only a few) and addition into his dry food.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
with sarahs allergies i have had to put her on freeze dried food and she never ever turns her nose to it. well if she doesnt feel well but you could just get some freeze dried food and put it in with his meal if you dont want to home cook. now my bostons yes they will get picky with their kibble and i have to put canned food on it for them to eat it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online