General Question I am going to repeat my very first post 2.5 years ago......

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I joined this site 2.5 years ago, my very first post was "MY BULLDOG STINKS!" Well here I sit re-posting the same thing. In the beginning when I posted that, every one's first question was "what are you feeding him" so after getting very educated on food AND everything else, I finally found the right food and he did great....for a while. He was on Natures Variety Salmon Grain Free he ate that for almost two years and started not doing so well so I changed him again to Natures Holistic Meadow Fest Grain free, He has been on that for about 8 months now and once again....I have been fighting a loosing battle the last 2-3 weeks with yeasty paws and face. He just plain STINKS again!!!! I clean his face daily, his paws a couple times a day and his pocket about every 3 days, but I just smell dog again. He has so many allergies, but I am suspecting the food again. Any thoughts??????? Can they become allergic to the food even after they have been on it for a while?
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I think they can. We had issues with HRH on the great plains feast too. You had Vegas tested for his allergies didn't you? Perhaps try something with limited ingredients not on the allergy list.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I think they can. We had issues with HRH on the great plains feast too. You had Vegas tested for his allergies didn't you? Perhaps try something with limited ingredients not on the allergy list.

Yes I had him tested about a year ago. He's not allergic to any of the ingredients in his food right now, BUT that does not mean he could be now. I have a strong feeling I am going to have to do another food change. I just don't know what to change too yet.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Is he on Earthborn holistics? That brand uses potato and tapioca in their grain free which feed yeast I believe! maybe before switching again, or while you're looking for something else, add in an anti-fungal warrior like coconut oil, garlic....or I think I've heard cinnamon helps too.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
how about home cooking for Vegas, Kelly? This has helped w/Tate's tear stained face. I'm thinking of transitioning Finn on this as well b/c he's exper. some probs w/his current Natural Balance Limited Ingreds.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Kelly I do have thoughtsiu but I'm on my phone the next few days n hard to post. ill post Friday evening. you may want to try some homecookimg to see if it is the food. also can u pm me what he is allergic to food wise so I can pick out something else.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH NO.... poor Vegas (and Momma)..... I do hope yiou can find the culprit. As someone else posted -- I have issues with Banks and yeast so I avoid potato of any kind

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Kelly we all an develop allergies suddenly so that could be. I wonder if maybe it could be something seasonal? Poor Vegas, has had a tough time. 2 1/2 years?!?! Has it REALLY been THAT long?!?!?! Wow! Have you tested him for his allergies? You know my memory is mush so I can't remember.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: Franklin got really bad on salmon to yeast infections all over I switched him to Fromm four star grain free beef frittata an he is doing great so far good luck I hope you find something for him

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My suggestion is home cooking too or even raw. In my opinion there's almost always something not that natural in kibble or it is just so processed that it does not suit to all.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Do you mean earthborn holistic meadow feast? I do believe that particular dog food has more potatoes and starches then the nature's variety does. More potatoes equals more yeast. Have you ever thought about trying the nature's variety limited ingredient diet? Is he allergic to turkey or lamb?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
One more thing, have you ever tried the fromm surf and turf?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I hope you discover something that works for him (again) soon. Just goes to show you, EB's are an on-going, lifetime education for the Pawrents!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.