Help Needed! Thoughts on TOTW

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
Any thought on this brand of food(Taste of the Wild)

I just stated to mix this with my girls food with Fromm. I like Fromm but just don't like it by itself.

What's everyones thoughts????

Last edited:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I use TOTW Roasted Lamb ( light purple bag) I tried Dublin on all of the flavors of Fromm and she wouldnt' eat any of them. She is very picky.... I can't say she loves it but I do put a tablespoon of their wet food that is the same flavor and mix it in. She likes it better that way. I had her on Orijen (RED) Now she did like that. It is very potent and high in protein, but I took her off it because her tear stains became very bad and I knew it was that because when I took her off it they became much lighter. That's about all I can tell you of my experience. You could try adding just a tablespoon of the wet food made by fromm to the dry and see what happens. Dublin didn't like their wet food either......

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I've used TOTW Pacific Stream for years. It was the only brand I found that my Zelda (RIP) could eat and not end up with allergy issues. I have 4 dogs and none have had any health issues. 3 have been on TOTW since puppyhood. Zoltan started when I first found it about 3 years ago. It's not only grain free but grass and her free as well, which is what made the difference for Zelda. I use Pacific Stream (and can use lamb) because it has a lower amount of protein than the other flavors (25%). Since 3 of my dogs are smaller bullie breeds than EBs and that's the max of protein recommended for them. I figure that Zam, being big and fast growing doesn't really need any more than that either.

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
Aunt Clara came home at 8 weeks on Iams Puppy, YUCK! I really wanted her to have a high quality kibble, so we switched to Earthborn Holistic, which she did not find palatable, but she did tolerate it with a little bit of Nutro Puppy canned food mixed in. We like to free feed, so that was rather inconvenient. She also shed really badly on Earthborn, which I didn't realize until I switched food again, since she is our first bully. We put her on TOTW, and not long after she developed her first hot spot. That cleared up and up popped another one. I thought at first she might have a chicken sensitivity, but not so sure now since the worst she got with the hot spots was on TOTW Pacific Stream. Her gas was also absolutely putrid on that as well, but we were dealing with it with some pumpkin. So, we decided to try a food lower in protein and started her on Chicken Soup. She's doing okay on it. The only issue now is that she licks her paws incessantly at night. No hot spots though, but I have the guilt of knowing there is better stuff out there. If anyone has further suggestions, I'd love to have them too. I'm especially curious about a food with duck as the primary protein or possibly lamb.

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I think TOTW is a good food and I tried all the flavors trying to find one that would agree with Diesel's sensitive system but didn't agree with him at all, he had the worst gas while eating the TOTW I had to switch!

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I find the gas problems interesting. My guys don't have gas problems at all. Apparently, there's something in there some have a problem digesting.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online