Other Fish oil more benifits

louie1

Nov 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Not trying to start an I give war, just want to through some facts out about supplementing with fish oils.
  • Fish oil made from anchovies and sardines deliver twice the EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 18% to salmon oils 8%
  • always supplement vitamin E with fish oils as there has been studies showing that though supplementing fish oil is extremely beneficial it may lower the dogs natural vitamin E.
just saying

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Interesting.... alwasy good to have alternate advice as a lot of our bully babies are sensitive to Salmon

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Yes...particularly since I seem to behaving issues with Wilbur and the salmon oil, even though he is doing great on grain-free poultry-free fish blend food...this could be our alternative.....

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Blossom is totally allergic to Salmon, the same day I started adding it to her kibble, she fully turned into a pink bully , face, ears, chin, and and paws. I had to give her a Benedryl, and I stopped giving it to her, she is now back to normal, I'm going to try her on of liver oil, or the coo nut oil, and see if she tolerates one of them, I'll use up the Salmn oil on Dozer, as he is okay with it. Then maybe switch him to the same one as Blossom so I only have to buy one supplement. Does anyone know which one is better cod liver oil, or coconut oil, and how much do you give them?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.