General Question Salmon oil for pups

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Good morning! I saw a thread on Salmon oil, and wondered if I should add it to our pups food? He will be 8 weeks old when we get him in 6 LONG DAYS. He is on Eukanuba at the breeder, but I will slowly transition him to Fromm's large breed puppy. It has salmon oil in it. Should I add the supplement too? Would love some input on this from all you experianced moms and dads out there! Thankyou!:)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
@mer55 in dont see why you couldnt squirt a bit on his food to. usually whats in the food is not as much as they could get by giving it to them by mouth. just be careful of soft stools so you may want to try a bit and maybe experiment with how much to give. ive tagged some puppy experts to give more input. sorry no one has answered your thread till now.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
from everything I've ever seen or read it's perfectly safe for your young pup. get one that has the body oil, not the liver oil. also one with vitamin e

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Grizzly oil is great! I think thats what a lot of people on here use.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yes, it's fine, I give it to my two, also Appe cider vinegar, cranberry pill, and pain unsweetened yogurt. All very good for dogs.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I highly recommend the Grizzly Salmon Oil, it has so many added benefits that it is a staple ingredient in my babies lives!

Skin and coat

Grizzly Salmon Oil™ helps keep your dog or cat's skin healthy! Healthy skin generally results in less itching and less shedding. As dogs and cats age, they face increased risk of heart problems, stiffening joints and loss of zest and vigor. These health risks may be reduced by a diet consistently supplemented with readily accessible, long chain omega-3 fatty acids found only in cold water fish oils like e.g. Grizzly Salmon Oil. These omega-3 fatty acids are essential building blocks all dogs and cats need for maintaining a balanced metabolism. Scientific studies also show these fatty acids help maintain the immune system.

Strong heart and long life!

Grizzly Salmon Oil™ supplies a range of different omega-3 fatty acids, including the long chain Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. The health condition of your dog or cat's skin and coat is influenced by the contents and balance of fatty acids in the diet. The ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids in the diet of your dog or cat is important in order to avoid degenerative conditions like hot spots, a dull coat and inflamed, dry and itchy skin. Scientific research supports the optimum ratio of fatty acids in the range of 1:3 to 1:6 (omega-3 mega-6). Grizzly Salmon Oil™ has a ratio of approximately 8:1 (omega-3 omega-6) and is thus ideally suited for bringing commonly seen ratios in generic and premium dog and cat foods of between 1:10 and 1:20 in line with the target ratio of around 1:5.The omega-3 fatty acids also help counteract negative effects of allergic dermatitis by producing specific eicosanoids, which are known to reduce and control skin inflammations

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
Xena's Breeder/Grammy suggested a squirt of Grizzly Salmon Oil so that's what I'm doing. She is almost 4 months old and eating Fromm Puppy Gold, or Gold Puppy.....errrrr the pink bag. Every Sunday she also gets some plain yogurt mixed in

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Thank you all! Grizzly Salmon oil it is!! :clap2:

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Thank you all! Grizzly Salmon oil it is!! :clap2:

I would ask you breeder if he recommends any supplement and just be aware that your baby might be allergic to certain food so I would recommend you buying a small bottle first and giving to him and watching closely for any reaction. I got super excited about the salmon oil and bought a LARGE bottle on Amazon and now I am stuck with it! Izzy got a red chin and started scratching her lil body so we found out she was allergic.

The vitamin I give her hardy pet complete and I heard really good things about this brand.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.