General Question Food Amount - Acana

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Hi! My Tuni is going to be 6 months next week and we have her on Acana Pacifica. Right now she gets 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup at night...if we go any more then that her :poo: gets soft. Do you think she's getting enough nutrients with that amount for a growing puppy? I'm worried because the bag says she should be getting 2-3x more then that. Does anyone have any advice?

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
It is not unusual for a bully to eat less than the package recommends. They are generally less active than many other breeds. 2 cups sounds about right.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like you are doing fine, as long as she is gaining weight and not skinny, it's all good.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
if your pup is not gaining or losing then i would go by that not what is on the bag. he sounds like he is fine an acana is a very good food so i dont think he would be lacking nutrients. :2thumbs:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agreed! The extra that is pooped out is only extra calories.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Thanks everyone! She just got spayed this morning and I just heard from the vet and she did great. I'm so relieved, I was a wreak all morning. I also mix about a tablespoon of cottage cheese with every meal...is this okay?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Thanks everyone! She just got spayed this morning and I just heard from the vet and she did great. I'm so relieved, I was a wreak all morning. I also mix about a tablespoon of cottage cheese with every meal...is this okay?
aw im so glad she did good. yes cottage cheese is ok long as they are not allergic to it. actually is good for them.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.