General Question Large breed puppy food?

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Hi all! Hope you had a great weekend!! 9 LONG days til our little bundle of joy can come home!:2thumbs: Getting ahead of the game here... Need advice on puppy food! Bogey is using Eukanuba large breed puppy kibble at this breeder. I will transition him to Fromm puppy. Went and bought a small bag of Fromm puppy gold. I went online to petflow to compare pricing, and saw they have a puppy kibble for large breed. Should I have purchased that one? I did not see this at the pets tore. Are these pups considered large breed? Would love some advice. I am sure I can return the bag I bought if needed.
DID I MENTION IT IS 9 DAYS TIL BOGEY'S ARRIVAL??????:excited:
Mary

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Fromm Puppy is just fine!!! You got the right stuff so no need to change.

Just make sure you leave it a few days for him to settle before you start the transition!! :up:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi all! Hope you had a great weekend!! 9 LONG days til our little bundle of joy can come home!:2thumbs: Getting ahead of the game here... Need advice on puppy food! Bogey is using Eukanuba large breed puppy kibble at this breeder. I will transition him to Fromm puppy. Went and bought a small bag of Fromm puppy gold. I went online to petflow to compare pricing, and saw they have a puppy kibble for large breed. Should I have purchased that one? I did not see this at the pets tore. Are these pups considered large breed? Would love some advice. I am sure I can return the bag I bought if needed.
DID I MENTION IT IS 9 DAYS TIL BOGEY'S ARRIVAL??????:excited:
Mary

Yes I get the large breed, in the pink bag. The large breed puppy is developed for slower growth, which is what you want for a bulldog. Don't forget to switch very slowly, with a smidge of 100% pure canned pumpkin. Expect some bad farts during the switch! At 8 weeks pups eat about 1.5 cups per day, slowly increase it as they grow. At about 16 weeks they should be eating about 3 cups per day. If the poo gets soft you are feeding too much. Around a year old I go back to 2 cups per day once they start showing weight gain, and around 4-6 months you can switch to a 4* Fromm, you can also wait longer if you wish. Can't wait to hear more of your new arrival!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Thanks so much for the nice welcome! And thanks to all for the advice! I am learning soooo much!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
FROMM Puppy Gold is a good food and can't wait to see pics of your new baby.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you have gotten good advice so i will just say i cant wait to see pics of your new baby. :2thumbs:

Members online

No members online now.