Thread: Nature's Variety LID Lamb

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Reilly
    Likes (Received)

Default Nature's Variety LID Lamb

Has anyone tried the new Nature's Variety Limited Ingredient Diet Lamb Meal Formula? I just bought this for Reilly today. Wanted to see if anyone else feed's this food to their bulldog and if so, what their opinion was.

Thanks!

Real Name
    Bree
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Layla and Wilbur
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nature's Variety LID Lamb

Didn't try the lamb, but did use the LID turkey. Unfortunately, it really didn't work for my guys and was only special order where I live. I think they have an issue with poultry (?) or else it was the tapioca.... I have them on grain-free poultry-free wellness core ocean for the past 6 weeks and so far so good. I wish I would have tried the lamb, but I am not certain what their specific issues are. I hope the lamb works well for you, it is a highly rated food

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Momma2Bullies View Post
    Didn't try the lamb, but did use the LID turkey. Unfortunately, it really didn't work for my guys and was only special order where I live. I think they have an issue with poultry (?) or else it was the tapioca.... I have them on grain-free poultry-free wellness core ocean for the past 6 weeks and so far so good. I wish I would have tried the lamb, but I am not certain what their specific issues are. I hope the lamb works well for you, it is a highly rated food
    Interesting this came up, because I was having the same issue. When we got Remi, he had tear stains and was on Diamond, which I believe has chicken. Being the smart gal that I am, I was like no problem! I'll switch his food to Nature's Variety Instinct Turkey/duck formula. DUH! Needless to say, his tear stains are worse than ever, and I think he may be allergic to all poultry. Just yesterday I bought the limited ingredient lamb. Although it's rotatable, I'm using 75% new food and 25% old food to see if there is any improvement in his stains. I figured if it was the poultry he's allergic to, his tear stains at the very least should be greatly reduced, and we can slowly go through the other food without wasting it.

Going from the Diamond (filler) to a huge amount of pure poultry protein, was probably killing the poor pooch.

Fingers crossed!!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well i cant feed this to sarah shes allergic to peas but i had my boston on it and he was fine. its a good food but not for every bully its trial and error really. keep us posted

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry can't comment ........ we're Fromm feeders here!!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I use it and love it - but, as you can see, it doesn't work for everyone though it's a very high quality food.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I don't want to jump the gun, but it looks likes Remi's eyes have just about stopped watering and his face isn't as red. Will keep you posted...

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Reilly
    Likes (Received)

day 2 for Reilly and so far so good. Anyone ever try Nuvet Plus supplements? I bought these for him to to build his immune system after being on antibiotics and prednisone for so long...

Remove Ads