General Question Nature's Variety LID Lamb

reillysmom

Jul 12, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reilly
Has anyone tried the new Nature's Variety Limited Ingredient Diet Lamb Meal Formula? I just bought this for Reilly today. Wanted to see if anyone else feed's this food to their bulldog and if so, what their opinion was.

Thanks!

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Didn't try the lamb, but did use the LID turkey. Unfortunately, it really didn't work for my guys and was only special order where I live. I think they have an issue with poultry (?) or else it was the tapioca.... I have them on grain-free poultry-free wellness core ocean for the past 6 weeks and so far so good. I wish I would have tried the lamb, but I am not certain what their specific issues are. I hope the lamb works well for you, it is a highly rated food :)

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Didn't try the lamb, but did use the LID turkey. Unfortunately, it really didn't work for my guys and was only special order where I live. I think they have an issue with poultry (?) or else it was the tapioca.... I have them on grain-free poultry-free wellness core ocean for the past 6 weeks and so far so good. I wish I would have tried the lamb, but I am not certain what their specific issues are. I hope the lamb works well for you, it is a highly rated food :)

Interesting this came up, because I was having the same issue. When we got Remi, he had tear stains and was on Diamond, which I believe has chicken. Being the smart gal that I am, I was like no problem! I'll switch his food to Nature's Variety Instinct Turkey/duck formula. DUH! Needless to say, his tear stains are worse than ever, and I think he may be allergic to all poultry. Just yesterday I bought the limited ingredient lamb. Although it's rotatable, I'm using 75% new food and 25% old food to see if there is any improvement in his stains. I figured if it was the poultry he's allergic to, his tear stains at the very least should be greatly reduced, and we can slowly go through the other food without wasting it.

Going from the Diamond (filler) to a huge amount of pure poultry protein, was probably killing the poor pooch.

Fingers crossed!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i cant feed this to sarah shes allergic to peas but i had my boston on it and he was fine. its a good food but not for every bully its trial and error really. keep us posted :2thumbs:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Sorry can't comment ........ we're Fromm feeders here!! :up:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I use it and love it - but, as you can see, it doesn't work for everyone though it's a very high quality food.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I don't want to jump the gun, but it looks likes Remi's eyes have just about stopped watering and his face isn't as red. Will keep you posted...

OP
R

reillysmom

Jul 12, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reilly
day 2 for Reilly and so far so good. Anyone ever try Nuvet Plus supplements? I bought these for him to to build his immune system after being on antibiotics and prednisone for so long...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.