Help Needed! Blue Buffalo Basics

jwayne721

May 28, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
So I realize there are a million and 1 questions on food on here but it can but rather difficult to looks though all of and try to pick the info that applies to / helps your particular issue, however there does seem to be a great wealth of knowledge on here to be shared with us new Bulldogers. With that being said here's another question for ya.

I have a 10 month old Bulldog (Winston) who I started on Iams puppy chow, and quickly learned the error of my ways and switched him over to Blue Buffalo Grain Free Puppy Chow. Which has improved the "quality" of his poops, but I think he may have an allergy to something in the food. Just before I switched him from Iams he started getting these pimple like things on his back that didn't bother him at first but then got itchy over time, so I took him to the vet and switched his food (with their suggestion) to Blue Buffalo. Now many shots and rounds of medication later, the pimples come back the second the medication runs out.

Now that this issue has all but put me in the poor house, and I really can't afford Fromms, I was wondering if anyone out there has had any luck with Blue Buffalo Basics, more specifically the salmon recipe. And to tack onto that, is it too early to put a puppy on something like that because he's still got plenty of growing left to do, or will it be fine?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Jd

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Give it a try, Bulldog puppy's can change to adult food around 5 to 6 months old.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: Franklin was on blue buffalo basics grain free turkey, salmon an he the salmon isn't grain free he did better on turkey after that he went to bb wilderness salmon grain free an he started to get really bad tear stains an this yeast infection on his back now he's on Fromm beef frittata he doing much better when he was on bb I was buying a bag of food every 2 - 3 weeks an on the Fromm its about a month an It's about the same price as a bag of bb maybe a couple $ more so for the price I can deal with it good luck I took me forever to find a food that I like an that agrees with his so far

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hey there! You certainly cannot keep putting him on the antibiotics. Geez this sucks for both of you. I would like to recommend Natures Logic at this point because it's about $15 cheaper than Fromms but still a great top of the line food.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i really would not put a puppy on bb basics and it says on the website adult dogs. the protein is to low to me for a growing puppy. you can try the blue puppy freedom or you could try earthborn puppy its pretty well priced.

blushf

Aug 23, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash
I have my 9 month old male cash on bb wilderness puppy for 2 months now. Last couple of weeks he has bad tear stains, could it be the food? And he gets skin infections regularly

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I have my 9 month old male cash on bb wilderness puppy for 2 months now. Last couple of weeks he has bad tear stains, could it be the food? And he gets skin infections regularly
yes food can cause both of these things. some bullies dont do well with chicken but could be anything in the food. you could try the bland diet of beef and rice and see if he gets better or just change to something else.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.