Raw Feeding Tips

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I do not feed my boys an all raw diet but I have been experimenting with different items to see how they do with them - mostly "snacks" like marrow bones.

My question is about the incredible stench that comes from these things. Since it's too hot outside, I usually put some towels that I do not mind washing afterward and let the dogs have at it. Despite cleaning the towels, these bones make my house smell like a butcher for hours afterward, they make the dogs paws stink, and I don't really want them in the house anymore.

Do people that feed raw always feed outside? If not, where do you feed and what are some options to control the mess and stink from the raw diet?

Thanks!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I do not raw feed but have given raw beef bones from the butchers and I agree it does make their paws smell. lol. We give them on cool days outside in the grass and the boys go to town over them. The pups dont smell really but their feet do so for me just washing their feet when they are done works. As for the raw feeding I dont know because that seems like it would be messier maybe?