Help Needed! Royal Canin PR patato and rabbit selected protein prescription food alternative.

njgautier

Aug 4, 2012
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
harley & moe
My Dog has been on Royal Canin Selected Protein Potatoe and Rabbit for allergies for about 2 months now and at 80 dollars for a 17.5lb bag I think it's a bit ridiculous. I'm sure Royal Canin isn't a quality dog food, I tried giving him Instinct rabbit formula but he broke out and was back to chewing and scratching till he was miserable. Honestly the only thing that has worked so far has been the royal canin.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
holy moly i thought 75 for 25lb bag of food was ridiculous!!! i still pay it. check out if there are other ingredients inn the nv rabbit that might cause your bully to have an allergic reaction. the difference bwtn the two might help you find a new and better and cheaper food than rc

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hm let me check into it. they have natural balance rabbit and potato limited ingredient also. ill see what else i can find

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
This is a tough question because of how sensitive bullies can be...for example, I had mine on Nature Variety Instinct and switched to Earthborne to save a few bucks a bag and, even though the ingredient list was nearly identical, the food change started some big allergy problems. So, as much as I hate to say it, if the Royal Canin is working for you, I'd think about staying on it although the price is SO high! I wonder if you can get a better deal online?

Most Reactions