Help Needed! Bully Weight

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
Hi guys,

This is Bubu again, since we reduce his food, he is doing excellent on his stool, but I have also notice that his weight has not been changed in last two weeks. He was exactly 20 lbs when he was 12-week old, now he is 14 week, and he still weight 20lbs. Is this normal?

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
QQ截图20121117120021.jpgI also notice he had long legs. Is that because I gave too much food to him before which cause him grow too fast?

Attachments

• IMG_1849.jpg
    IMG_1849.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1871.jpg
    IMG_1871.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 144

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
It's very normal for their weight gain to slow down..how much are you feeding him and what again?? They DO catch up to their legs! They go through a very leggy stage and thena stage where their head looks out of whack..It will take probably 2 years for him to be fully "done"...

He looks fine weight wise and ohhh so cute in his pics!!!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I say he looks wonderful! His weight is totally normal I think! Cute little puppy!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
He looks great and the shape of the bulldog changes day to day until they are full grown.

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
It's very normal for their weight gain to slow down..how much are you feeding him and what again?? They DO catch up to their legs! They go through a very leggy stage and thena stage where their head looks out of whack..It will take probably 2 years for him to be fully "done"...

He looks fine weight wise and ohhh so cute in his pics!!!

Since this is my first dog ever, I am little concern about everything, thank you for your replying. http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/english-bulldog-nutrition/20742-food-change.html I post this thread two weeks ago, I made huge mistake that I gave him 6 cups a day. And now he got 0.5 cup four times per day since my vet said we need to feed him food about tenth of his weight. So I am really concern about growth issue because I gave him too much food before!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Relax, enjoy your puppy and accept that now you are on the right track .:smoochwink:

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
He looks great and the shape of the bulldog changes day to day until they are full grown.

Thank you so much. I also sign up a class for him, and today is the first class. Hope he enjoys the class.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you so much. I also sign up a class for him, and today is the first class. Hope he enjoys the class.

Cool bean, let us know how everything goes after class. He is so beautiful

M

mabel lou

omg he is so cute I love seeing his pictures, seriously he is so cute

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Since this is my first dog ever, I am little concern about everything, thank you for your replying. http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/english-bulldog-nutrition/20742-food-change.html I post this thread two weeks ago, I made huge mistake that I gave him 6 cups a day. And now he got 0.5 cup four times per day since my vet said we need to feed him food about tenth of his weight. So I am really concern about growth issue because I gave him too much food before!!

You are doing a great job! We all worry like you! Jake gets 2 cups a day too! But he gets 1 cup am and 1 cup pm. He did get 3 feedings a day until he was about 6 months old then we slowly cut him o 2 feedings. Just ask anything...anytime! :D

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
Cool bean, let us know how everything goes after class. He is so beautiful

He enjoys his first class, obviously he is a superstar in the class, people all love him, lol. here is a question, he was way too excited when he see people. he ran around and eager people to touch him during the class, and he can not calm down, even for a minute!! Treats also doesn't work for him.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
As he get's around people more he will calm down. He will listen better if he is on his leash

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
As he get's around people more he will calm down. He will listen better if he is on his leash

He is on his leash, it really doesn't work, and his eyes turn red. his crazy mode last for 45 minutes, he might be too tired, and then he slept at class.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.