General Question Is this brand of dog food good ?

KathyFlores

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Hello Everyone,
I came across a dog food at Costco its a Kirkland Signature Called Nature's Domain.
Has anyone feed this brand to your bulldog ?
On the bag it says...
Salmon Meal and sweet potato formula for dogs
Grain-Free for All Life Stages
Also No By Products
Antioxidants
Omega Fatty Acid Blend
Digestive System Support.

Kathy

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
You've got to read the small print, both the ingredients and the analysis, to really know anything. Consider what you were reading to be package propaganda. There are many here who will tell you that it's not good because it was in the Diamond Pet Food Recall. You'll have to determine if that's important to you as well. Most brands have been recalled at one time or another.

Did you check the food ratings pages here? They may tell you something as well.

INGREDIENTS

Salmon meal, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, canola oil, ocean fish meal, potato fiber, pea protein, natural flavor, flaxseed, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.
CALORIE CONTENT

3,590 kcals/kg (336 kcals/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Crude Protein24.0%minimum
Crude Fat14.0%minimum
Crude Fiber3.0%maximum
Moisture10.0%maximum
Zinc150 mg/kgminimum
Selenium0.4 mg/kgminimum
Vitamin E150 IU/kgminimum
Omega-6 Fatty Acids*2.4%minimum
Omega-3 Fatty Acids*0.3%minimum

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm not sure, but I heard it was a good food, but I'm not an expert. There are more experienced people on here who would be able to tell you better.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok i have known people who have fed this food and gotten good results. also if you look at it its not a bad food for the price. a bit low on the protein and calories so you may end up feeding more but all in all not bad. however it has been involved in yet another recall from the diamond plant and this one for salmonella. not one but 7 kinds of this particular food. this is also not the first time there have been recalls so i do not recommend anything manufactured by diamond anymore. however there are still those who feed this and other foods made by them with no problems. its a personal choice for sure.

M

mabel lou

The breeder from where my girl came from uses that exact kind and suggested I put Mabel back on it however we do not have that particular brand here where I live and I wish we did so I can see if it is better for my girl who is struggling with food allergy since she didn't show any signs of it while in the breeders care and on that food.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It's a decent food, I did a trail on it once. The results on 5 bully's were okay. One thrived on it, no tear stains and was good at helping control her weight. Two did okay, except their coat got pretty dull. One did okay but got horrible tear stains. The other did not do well at all, shed like crazy and the coat became very dried out.

If you decided to give it a try, without a doubt add salmon oil to help with the coat and shedding!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

DawgPoundBully

Nov 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel
Every bulldog is different. Some may do well on it while others may not. Scanning through the ingredients list there are only two sources of animal protein. The first being salmon meal which is very good considering its the first ingredient. The other is ocean fish meal which is okay. The reason why I say its only okay is because its from a source that is not named meaning it just puts a broad spectrum on the meal substance. (Not being named for example salmon meal, herring meal etc.) Also the further down the list an ingredient is the less that it has in the food. Ocean fish meal is sixth on the list. Im not sure what it is rated but im sure you can find out by checking the food ratings on this site.

Also keep in mind while searching for dog food, the main thing is getting a food that you are comfortable with. You first have to realize what you want from the food and what you are willing to do to make sure you get the outcome that you want.

But to answer your question directly I have not used this particular dog food so I couldnt tell you if it was good or bad.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.