General Question Getiing a new puppy in 2 weeks

KathyFlores

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Hello Everyone,
I have a question about the puppy food that the breeder is giving to the pups,
I love this site and learning alot about thedifferance in dog food , The breeder is giving the puppies Royal Canin
Mini Starter , I saw on here that they gave that brand a 3 Star.
Should i be concerned and kept my bulldog puppy on this brand ? or should i change it ? All the puppies all look very healthy and happy.
Thank you

titanowners

Nov 10, 2012
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Titan
I actually had just asked this question recently on a thread because we bought our Titan through a breeder. He had him on royal canine as well(and really talked up the brand of food:which seems to be the theme with breeders and royal canin) and titan seemed to love it,had no allergies but we felt it wasn't that healthy for our little guy. A lot of feedback was that royal canine is definitely not a healthy choice especially in the long run because it has a lot of fillers that aren't nutritional. We are currently integrating Fromm brand (4 star) and it's amazing! It's extremely nutritional with no fillers and all ingredients you can actually understand lol. We love it for him and he loves it too.

Just be careful if you do decide to change the food. integrate it slowly.it'll probably take about a week to fully do it. Each day increasing the amount mixed in. That way it wont upset your bullies tummy or cause stomach issues.(check poop)
Also be careful of allergies because some bullies can eat some brands while others can't.

i've read on here as well that some 6 star brands aren't necessarily the best because it's based on all breeds vs specifically for bulldogs. I def like the FROMM brand so far. It is expensive but it makes Titan happy and healthy which is most important. We order ours through petflow and it ships very quickly and the prices are cheaper than driving to a store that actually carries it (they don't charge shipping on product over $49 and there is no sales tax as long as u don't live in three states which are listed on their website)

hope this was helpful and sorry so long just want to inform you as much as possible. :D good luck..feel free to ask anything!

OP
K

KathyFlores

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Thank you much for the info ...
I will try the FROMM ...
So much info on this site !!!
Thank you
Kathy

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=7029]KathyFlores[/MENTION] - remember to switch foods SLOOOOWWWWLLLYYYYY or you'll have puppy diarrhea. You may already have some of that from the stress of the pup leaving it's mom and siblings - so don't rush it. SLOW SHE GOES and you'll be fine. Fromm is a good food. If I ever switch from what we're eating here, it will be to a Fromm Beef Frittata I think.

Members online

No members online now.