Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food help!!?!?

well that would make sense why she picks but still is not bully behaviour really. most bullies inhale their food in 3 minutes and so i think a twice a day measured feeding schedule is what most here do. have a schedule and stick to it so she knows what is expected of her everyday and she will learn she has a certain time to eat. time and patience and im sure she will be ok and eating soon. if not then we can go from there with a different food.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    well that would make sense why she picks but still is not bully behaviour really. most bullies inhale their food in 3 minutes and so i think a twice a day measured feeding schedule is what most here do. have a schedule and stick to it so she knows what is expected of her everyday and she will learn she has a certain time to eat. time and patience and im sure she will be ok and eating soon. if not then we can go from there with a different food.

Thanks! I will keep you updated.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Also how many were in the litter?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Mine just picks and pieces throughout the day. We free feed though. We fill his bowl in the morning it holds 4 cups and usually there's half a bowl left the next morning. He likes to take his time and doesn't like knowing that he can see the bottom of the bowl even if hes not hungry lol.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    I would ask the breeder if she free fed the pups. It seems like that is a possibility. If so, she knows she has all access to food so she is in no hurry to gobble it up. Is she eating a decent amount throughout the day?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    This was my first gut reaction as well - but even still, Remi tore up anything I put in front of him. I would assume at 5 months she would have quite the appetite though. I might try working in a new food.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

Well I don't know what it is but after I switched the bowl to a short bowl, Koko has been eating very well. She actually finishes her meals. I don't know if its the bowl or if she is adjusting better but just to let you guys know she is eating a lot better now. Thanks All!!!!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

My Usko comes from the litter of 7 and has been really picky all his life, he is 2 now. He came home at 8 weeks with RC and I tried every topping imagineble, but he just didn't eat as much as he should of. He was quite skinny and started having small bold patches in his back. We switched to raw food when he was 7 months old. He likes it a lot more, but still doesn't eat everything I offer. Right now he refuses to eat turkey necks, but loves pigs tongue! He does drive me crazy sometimes with his pickiness. If I were you I would give her some vitamin supplement just to ensure she gets enough nutrients, even if she's not eating as much as she should.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads