General Question How much should Lola be getting per meal?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have Lola on Fromm puppy gold the pink bag and I have been giving her 3/4 a cup 3 times a day but I was wondering if she is old enough to go to 2 times a day or If she still needs the three meals a day? Also I dont think she is getting enough because she is pretty lean but I dont want to over feed her. Should I go up to 1 cup 3 times a day? and also I have about a bag and 1/3 left of the puppy so when I am done with those would she be ready to switch to adult? She is 5 and a half months thanks!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
you can switch to adult food now, and two times a day would be fine. I'd think about 1 cup per meal.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ok I will do the twice a day then! Hopefully she will fill out a bit because her waist is pretty small and her rip cage is big so I want even the two out to where you dont see the bottom of her ribs poking out.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
At her age I would do a bit more than a cup 2x a day. For my "teenagers" I feed 1.5 in the AM and 1 heaping cup at night. Once she is 10 months or older and is not growing so much go back to 1 cup 2x a day.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
When Brutus was a pup he got about 2cups 2x a day. We feed Fromm 4 star grain free all stages ( we started about 7mnths with all stages)We cut back around 11 mnths to 1.5 cups a day with green beans as treats and fruit *** fillers (not much) Brutus is very active. He is 16 mnths and weighs 59lbs

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
i switched my two from Puppy food to adult food when they were 7 months old, more for sensitivity issues, but I switched to Fromms Beef Fritata. When they first came home, they were eating 1/3 of a cup 3 times a day, then when I switched them to the Fromms when they were 7 months old, I fed them 1 and a half cups twice a day, morning and evening, because they are still puppies only 9 months old now, and are still growing. they are 32 and 34 pounds, and nice and lean, but not skinny. The vet said she likes the way they are. I will keep them on this amount until they are a year old, and then see how they are growing. If they continue to be ok on this amount, then I'll leave it, but if they seem to be gaining too much or pooping too much, then I'll cut back to 1 cup twice a day.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.