Help Needed! switching food at 8 months

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Hi everyone! haven't been on here for so long, i miss you all, i have a question, Rocky hasn't been eating his food for the past 2 days, he eats a little bit then walks away, is almost like he's sick of it, or not interested anymore, if any of you remember, he used to eat his food within seconds!!!!! i've been giving him fromm, puppy gold, which he loves, he's very itchy lately tho, so much his paws have a rash from scratching so much! is it the food? should i switch to the 4 star? HELP please !

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi everyone! haven't been on here for so long, i miss you all, i have a question, Rocky hasn't been eating his food for the past 2 days, he eats a little bit then walks away, is almost like he's sick of it, or not interested anymore, if any of you remember, he used to eat his food within seconds!!!!! i've been giving him fromm, puppy gold, which he loves, he's very itchy lately tho, so much his paws have a rash from scratching so much! is it the food? should i switch to the 4 star? HELP please !

Sounds like he has an upset tummy... Any chance he ate or swallowed something he should not have? Is he drinking water?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Sounds like he has an upset tummy... Any chance he ate or swallowed something he should not have? Is he drinking water?

OMG you think so? not that i know! but you never know! should i take him to the vet? he is drinking water!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Relax, not so fast. Try mixing a little water with his food to switch it up. If he's pooping and not throwing up the chance of blockage is slight. The rash on his feet could be a sign of allergy or yeast. May considering to change food is a good idea. If he is past 5 months old you can switch to an adult food.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I bet he wants BIG BOY FOOD!!!!! and maybe a little canned on top!! Just to get him interested..Whatever you choose..go slow in the switch!

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Thank you all so much, i guess he's tired of puppy food, i'll change it for the four star and see what happens. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I worry anytime my bulldogs refuse to eat- especially if they usually do with gusto. Sometimes if they have an upset tummy or ate something ( even something small ) or if they are not feeling well, they refuse to eat. You may want to check the temperature (rectally, should be between 99-101) just to be sure.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Thank you all so much, i guess he's tired of puppy food, i'll change it for the four star and see what happens. :)

Hi there! I had the same issues with Brutus at about 7 months with eating. He would lick his paws and basically eat them! His coat wasnt great and his eyess were constantly bloodsshot! We read the food reccomendations here on EBN and noticed we were feeding a 3-4 rating food :( We switched him to Fromm isntantly after about 2-3 week transitiion and havent looked back! He is doing amazing on it! They ahave a vareity of diff flavors and no need to slow switch between Fromm Flavors (if he getss bored quick) they also have good toppers to put on top of the dry food! Great ingredients and good all stages food for him! You aalso have to feed lesss than other brands b/c there arent any fillers or by products )

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.