Help Needed! Training Treats

BullyDozer

Oct 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I recently switched both of my dogs, EB and Pug to Wellness Core grain free food. I was curious what are people using for training treats? I am currently using Blue Buffalo Bites. Is there a grain free type of treat that is similar to the size of the blue bites? I want to use something that is quick and simple.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well blue buffalo makes a wilderness treat that is grain free and i use purebites that i get at petco for my treats. if you need more i can give u more. [MENTION=6409]BullyDozer[/MENTION]

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Sorry no help without googling but maybe something basic like frozen green beans or carrots?

frozen blueberry's or frozen green beans work great, I feel guilt free when I use these types of treats. I use to use terrible off the shelf treats, and then I seen the light. :rules:

:idea2:

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
What about the mix with frozen blueberries raspberries, blackberries and strawberries? Are those ok?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I use wellness soft chew treats, Duck and Turkey, and they get apple pieces, or baby carrots. Just make sure you cut the carrots up into smaller pieces if your dog tends not to chew their foods very well, otherwise they might be too big for them to swallow.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
for training I like to use things like baked chicken or sometimes will get freeze dried liver treats ... my babies will do almost anything to get it

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
What about the mix with frozen blueberries raspberries, blackberries and strawberries? Are those ok?
Yes all those fruits r good. Be careful, the strawberries r big and when frozen can be a choking hazard if not cut up. Mine love all of these for snacks.

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Ok good deal I have that mix in my fridge will def start using it. Great idea!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I buy Nature's Variety Instinct Grain Free Biscuit treats in the Duck/Sweet Potato/Cinnamon flavor. I also break them into three pieces because Bo the gobbler doesn't chew things like he should. LOL They love these cookies so think they're a high value treat. If I want to teach something and need a HIGH HIGH HIGH value treat, little cheddar cheese cubes work great. (Cheese works good for Bo's benedryl too....)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH gets a little bit of her kibble for treats. We started doing that months ago because it seemed we could never find a treat that didn't have something in it that she was sensitive to.
She could care less, because treat time is all in the presentation around here not what is offered.
But then again we aren't really using it for training.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
B

BullyDozer

Oct 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to try the Blue Buffallo Wilderness Wild Bites. My dog trainer has an EB and she also recommended them because she uses them with her own dog and had good results. Hopefully I wil too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.