Help Needed! Could I change the food now?

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
I was so pleased that Bubu did great job on his poop recently. Again, thank you guys for providing valuable suggestions!!!
By the way, he got Natural Balance Ultra Premium Formula, I have read many thread these days, and I want to change his food to Fromm, I am wondering is it a good time to change his food? or should I wait for several weeks since he just recover from the upset stomach?

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
未命名.jpg

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
if you are going to change I would suggest just doing the slow transition over the 7 to 10 days so it won't cause any digestive issues...good luck hope the change goes smooth.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As bulldogs4me stated... you can change, but be sure to do the slow transition mixing the old with the new lessening the old over the 7-10 days.

Good luck and keep us posted ---- he is gorgeous

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I switched my two to Fromms when they were 8 months old, I mixed 2/3 of the old food to 1/3 of the Fromms, and then 1/2 and 1/2, the next week , and then all Fromms. It's been a month since the switch, and they are both doing really well on it. They had loose stools, but not diarrhea for the first couple of days, then normal. Blossom is my sensitive baby, her brother has a cast iron tummy, lol, and she has problems with her skin, she is all white, so she shows her sensitivity. She gets pink ears, chin, eyes, and teary eyes when on Royal Canin, Go Natural, and Fromms Gold Puppy. I suspect it's the chicken and grains that she is susceptible to. The Fromms Beef Fritata, is beef, and no grains, and she seems good with this. Good luck

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would wait a couple weeks now that you have his tummy settled. I think it's a bit too soon since he just got over the poopies.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think I would wait a few weeks also, just to be on the safe side.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i agree i would wait a week or so and if all good poop then start a slow transition. keep us updated. :D

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
i agree i would wait a week or so and if all good poop then start a slow transition. keep us updated. :D

I change his food to fromm beef Frittata today since he had good poop last several weeks.

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
aw just go slow and let us know how he is doing. hes so cute. :D

Yes, I will!! Thank you for your concern. He just fall asleep in my GF's arms, here is the pics. IMG_1621.jpgIMG_1616_副本.jpg

Attachments

• QQ截图20121124212018.jpg
    QQ截图20121124212018.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
aw just go slow and let us know how he is doing. hes so cute. :D

He is doing really great, after we change his food to fromm, he had really firm stool right now. I have one more question that could I offer him some supplements such as liquid Calcium or salmon oil in his food now(he is 15 wks)? If I can, could you recommend some products to me?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
He is doing really great, after we change his food to fromm, he had really firm stool right now. I have one more question that could I offer him some supplements such as liquid Calcium or salmon oil in his food now(he is 15 wks)? If I can, could you recommend some products to me?
not sure about the calcium but i believe the salmon oil is ok now. i use grizzly salmon oil and just squirt it on the food but you can use reg fish oil sold in stores to. just break the capsule and put on the food but well maybe not the whole thing. id test and see how he does on anything added and do it one at a time. i would think the fromm would have enough calcium in the food.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I use salmon oil liquid, 1 tsp a day on their morning food, for the Omegas, good for fur, skin, I put 1 tsp of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar in their water daily, this is good for immune system, killing bacteria, breath, and for inflammation and joints, I also give them a cranberry pill to avoid Urinary tract infections. They get plain unsweetened yogurt 2 or 3 times a week, I also give them cut up apples, bananas, cheese strings, cottage cheese, and hard boiled eggs for treats , not every day, but I give them one or two of them a couple of times a week, I mix it up.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You mentioned that babu was only 15 months old, I tend to like to leave puppies on a puppy formula food, until they are 6 or 7 months old, as puppy food has extra calories, and vitamins for the rapid growth and development of puppies. Fromms has a puppy formula, called Fromms Puppy Gold.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.