General Question My baby seems thin? Or is he just growing?

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
IMAG0729.jpg
I feed him Fromm Puppy Gold 3 times a day.
He's 5 months old and seems to always want food and he got skinnier.
Im not sure if its because he's growing (He is getting bigger)
But it just doesn't seem like he's fattening up.
My husband thinks we should switch him to adult food but I had asked before on here and was told to wait til he's 6 months.
So I'm wondering if I should continue with the puppy food or is it time to change over?
If so can I just switch completely?
OR am I crazy and its all normal. haha:p

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
I figure bulldogs grow like kids. Up. Out. Up. Out. And so on. I wouldn't be too worried. :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
How much does he weigh? You are feeding him the right way, 3 times a day until 6 or 7 months old, then twice a day. Puppy food actually has more calories than adult food, to accommodate their rapid growth, and also has more nutrients during this stage too. So if you think he's not gaining weight, then I would leave him on the puppy food, I switched my two pups to adult food at 7 months of age. My two weigh 32 and 34 lbs at 8 months old, Blossom has consistently been 2 lbs behind her brother since we got them. My vet says she likes their weight, and that they are a good size, but not too heavy, she says you should still be able to see their ribs a little, as this is healthier for the dog. I wouldn't worry, as long as he's getting enough food, maybe he's just a little more active, and burning it off faster. You could always double check with your vet to make sure, he's a good weight, and growing well, just to ease your mind. I'm sure he's fine.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
If that's a current picture then I think you have no worries. if anything he might be just a tiny bit chubby because he doesn't have a defined waist, he doesn't look too skinny by any means. That said, I only have experience with an adult bully so perhaps the puppies don't have a waist the way an adult should.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
He is a lot thicker than my Lola! I wouldnt worry i still have Lola on fromm puppy gold also the pink bag and I feed her 3/4 cup 3 times a day along with some snacks lol.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
He doesn't look too thin to me, he is just growing and you might just now be recognizing his new stages as he get taller and less of a puppy-bubble body

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: he looks great to me franklin is 6 months an has a waist so I don't think stoagie looks to thin at all he's very handsome

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If that's a current picture then I think you have no worries. if anything he might be just a tiny bit chubby because he doesn't have a defined waist, he doesn't look too skinny by any means. That said, I only have experience with an adult bully so perhaps the puppies don't have a waist the way an adult should.

^^^^^ agreed

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online