URGENT!!! Food change

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Bubu has just poop, although it is not very firm, at least it's solid, not liquid. Hope everything will be better tomorrow.

:welcome:

Stick around with us, you'll be fine. Everyone has given you some food for thought. (good advise)
We know you want what's best for your new baby, he'll be fine. Make sure he gets fresh water every day. you can add plain canned pumpkin to his dinner 1 or 2 tablespoon, this will make the stool firmer. Watch the chicken for a skin rash, some bully's don't tolerate chicken. don't give him too many bath's either, they need the skin's natural oil, you can tell when they get dirty, then it's time for bath. I give mine a bath every 10 weeks or so, unless they are really dirty. Usually I just use a wet towel and wipe them down. Also, make sure the nose rope and tail pocket are kept clean and dry. this must be kept clean and dry. a diaper rash cream can be used if any of these areas get sore. Here are pictures of my bully's

042.jpg029.jpg020.jpg

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
:welcome:

Stick around with us, you'll be fine. Everyone has given you some food for thought. (good advise)
We know you want what's best for your new baby, he'll be fine. Make sure he gets fresh water every day. you can add plain canned pumpkin to his dinner 1 or 2 tablespoon, this will make the stool firmer. Watch the chicken for a skin rash, some bully's don't tolerate chicken. don't give him too many bath's either, they need the skin's natural oil, you can tell when they get dirty, then it's time for bath. I give mine a bath every 10 weeks or so, unless they are really dirty. Usually I just use a wet towel and wipe them down. Also, make sure the nose rope and tail pocket are kept clean and dry. this must be kept clean and dry. a diaper rash cream can be used if any of these areas get sore. Here are pictures of my bully's

View attachment 30061View attachment 30062View attachment 30063

Thank you so much, your advice is really important to me.

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
awweee sweetie , you are so welcome, I'm glad I could help
:blush2:

One more silly question, since I am in St. Louis, it will as low as 36 degree outside at midnight, is it too cold for puppy? I am OK with the weather, so I have not open the heat now.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
One more silly question, since I am in St. Louis, it will as low as 36 degree outside at midnight, is it too cold for puppy? I am OK with the weather, so I have not open the heat now.

It's okay for puppy to go potty and then come in house, bulldogs are house dogs, can not live outside.
give puppy a nice warm nest to sleep in, blanket

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
It's okay for puppy to go potty and then come in house, bulldogs are house dogs, can not live outside.
give puppy a nice warm nest to sleep in, blanket

He actually has his own bed, and now I am living in an apartment, he lives in sitting room, I dont know is the weather cold for him, if it is, I will open the heat.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He actually has his own bed, and now I am living in an apartment, he lives in sitting room, I dont know is the weather cold for him, if it is, I will open the heat.

bulldogs do really well between 60 and 70 degrees

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I think that now you have cut his food down you should see a big improvement!!!!! Keep posting ... and can't wait to see lots of pics as he grows!!! :luv:

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
I think that now you have cut his food down you should see a big improvement!!!!! Keep posting ... and can't wait to see lots of pics as he grows!!! :luv:
Yup, His poop got huge improvement, it is really firm this morning, let's see how is he doing at evening.

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
I was so pleased that Bubu did great job on his poop recently. Again, thank you guys for providing valuable suggestions!!!
By the way, he got Natural Balance Ultra Premium Formula, I have read many thread these days, and I want to change his food to Fromm, I am wondering is it a good time to change his food? or should I wait for several weeks since he just recover from the upset stomach?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I was so pleased that Bubu did great job on his poop recently. Again, thank you guys for providing valuable suggestions!!!
By the way, he got Natural Balance Ultra Premium Formula, I have read many thread these days, and I want to change his food to Fromm, I am wondering is it a good time to change his food? or should I wait for several weeks since he just recover from the upset stomach?

Yes I would wait a few weeks :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

DawgPoundBully

Nov 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel
When switching food you want to do it slowly. The richer the food the slower you want to do it. An example of how I switched Nigel over was as follows.

75%(old)-25%(new) for two to three days then 50-50 mix for another three days. 25%(Old) -75%(new) for three to four days or until the old food runs out. This seemed to work well for me but every dog is different. If you have a lot of the old food then you can adjust the amount of days with each increase of the new food.

This is just a skeleton of what you can do but the slower the better.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah , I agree 6 cups of food is way too much food, it would be a lot for a adult puppy, so way to much for a baby. When my 2 came from the breeder, they were being fed 1/3 of a cup three times a day, and I kept them on that schedule . I fed them at 8 am , 2 pm, and again at 8 pm. Then at 7 months, I switched them to 1/2 a cup twice a day, morning and evening, 7 am and 7 pm. They are almost nine months old now, and I generally feed them 1 and 1/2 cups twice a day.

M

mabel lou

I have searched all over this site to show my gbaby these pictures of your dog and how adorable he is laying on his back and with a diaper on lmao. Thought I was never going to find them again. Wasn't expecting to see them on this one either just thought I was reading another forum. Thank you

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online