URGENT!!! Food change

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
I want to put him on a "bland diet" for a couple of days, I bought some chicken breast for him. I have a question that how about 0.2 cups of white rice with shredded chicken breast for a meal or a day?

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] What is a pilchard? I only ask because I feed raw and am always looking for variety in their diets.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: it's Fromm four star beef frittata It's grain free an a lot of people here love it so I hope it works for Franklin good luck on your search

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
He is almost three months old, and his weight is 20lbs, is that normal?

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
@bububaby - I would say "yes" a full check up is a good idea, when you take Bubu in ask the vet what he/she recommends for the right amount of food for Bubu's weight and age, they have a formulary to go from. I hope things get better soon! Bubu is really cute!!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I do think I am really overfeed his food. I misunderstand that he need two cups per meal (it is my first time to adopt a puppy), so I gave him 6 cups daily. Oh my goooood!!!!! Even so much food, he will always lick his dish, seems like he is still hungry. Hope everything is fine.

WOAH. BIG EYES OVER HERE. Sometimes I wonder if I'm feeding Remi enough (2 cups total, broken up into 3 meals per day. Less if he received a large number of treats that day) but he keeps gaining weight, so I must be doing something right. 6 cups is pretty overloading his little system!! I bet those stools start hardening up if you lower the amount of food, and thus protein is getting. I think [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] has the right of it. If you do change his food though, make sure it's totally gradual.

BTW, those belly pics are COMPLETELY adorable.

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
WOAH. BIG EYES OVER HERE. Sometimes I wonder if I'm feeding Remi enough (2 cups total, broken up into 3 meals per day. Less if he received a large number of treats that day) but he keeps gaining weight, so I must be doing something right. 6 cups is pretty overloading his little system!! I bet those stools start hardening up if you lower the amount of food, and thus protein is getting. I think @kazzy220 has the right of it. If you do change his food though, make sure it's totally gradual.

BTW, those belly pics are COMPLETELY adorable.

Yup, I was heart-broken when I found I make such huge mistake, hope everything will be fine.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Yup, I was heart-broken when I found I make such huge mistake, hope everything will be fine.

Don't beat yourself up - over feeding during puppy stage for a short time is better than underfeeding. Now that you know, I'm sure bubu will get right on track!

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
Don't beat yourself up - over feeding during puppy stage for a short time is better than underfeeding. Now that you know, I'm sure bubu will get right on track!

Thank you so much, your reply really encourage me a lot. Since I am not a native speaker, when vet told me 2 cups, I regard it as a 2 cup per meal. He got 6 cups food for almost 2 weeks, and he just did good job on poop at daytime, so at that time I think I am on the right track. I just hope he will be fine in his rest of life.

L

Lucy-licious

Thank you so much, your reply really encourage me a lot. Since I am not a native speaker, when vet told me 2 cups, I regard it as a 2 cup per meal. He got 6 cups food for almost 2 weeks, and he just did good job on poop at daytime, so at that time I think I am on the right track. I just hope he will be fine in his rest of life.

With you to look after him he's going to be just perfect. X

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Here is a story, when I decide to adopt a bulldog puppy, I went to online and find a breeder, he said he can give me for free since his father got cancer and he need to take care of him. what he want from me is $350 transportation fee. I think I can help him and ask when can I get the puppy. He said the next day, so when I ask him what food was he on, the breeder tell me mix the bil jac(small breed formula) and Proplan9(small breed formula). After several days, he is disappeared. So I found another breeder, she is a good person, we bought Bubu from her. We have checked with vet, she said it is ok to feed him with these two food, and we feed him about 12days, and we graduated changed to Natural Balance. He is with us from 9/28/12.
I am really worry about him right now, and want to take a full-wellness exam for him next week, is it necessary?

That first breeder you contacted seems a little scammy :/

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
Bubu has just poop, although it is not very firm, at least it's solid, not liquid. Hope everything will be better tomorrow.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.