Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food change

Quote Originally Posted by bububaby View Post
    He actually has his own bed, and now I am living in an apartment, he lives in sitting room, I dont know is the weather cold for him, if it is, I will open the heat.

bulldogs do really well between 60 and 70 degrees
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I think that now you have cut his food down you should see a big improvement!!!!! Keep posting ... and can't wait to see lots of pics as he grows!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    bubu
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    I think that now you have cut his food down you should see a big improvement!!!!! Keep posting ... and can't wait to see lots of pics as he grows!!!
    Yup, His poop got huge improvement, it is really firm this morning, let's see how is he doing at evening.

Bulldog(s) Names
    bubu
    Likes (Received)

I was so pleased that Bubu did great job on his poop recently. Again, thank you guys for providing valuable suggestions!!!
    By the way, he got Natural Balance Ultra Premium Formula, I have read many thread these days, and I want to change his food to Fromm, I am wondering is it a good time to change his food? or should I wait for several weeks since he just recover from the upset stomach?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bububaby View Post
    I was so pleased that Bubu did great job on his poop recently. Again, thank you guys for providing valuable suggestions!!!
    By the way, he got Natural Balance Ultra Premium Formula, I have read many thread these days, and I want to change his food to Fromm, I am wondering is it a good time to change his food? or should I wait for several weeks since he just recover from the upset stomach?
    Yes I would wait a few weeks

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel
    Likes (Received)

When switching food you want to do it slowly. The richer the food the slower you want to do it. An example of how I switched Nigel over was as follows.

75%(old)-25%(new) for two to three days then 50-50 mix for another three days. 25%(Old) -75%(new) for three to four days or until the old food runs out. This seemed to work well for me but every dog is different. If you have a lot of the old food then you can adjust the amount of days with each increase of the new food.

This is just a skeleton of what you can do but the slower the better.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Yeah , I agree 6 cups of food is way too much food, it would be a lot for a adult puppy, so way to much for a baby. When my 2 came from the breeder, they were being fed 1/3 of a cup three times a day, and I kept them on that schedule . I fed them at 8 am , 2 pm, and again at 8 pm. Then at 7 months, I switched them to 1/2 a cup twice a day, morning and evening, 7 am and 7 pm. They are almost nine months old now, and I generally feed them 1 and 1/2 cups twice a day.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

mabel lou

I have searched all over this site to show my gbaby these pictures of your dog and how adorable he is laying on his back and with a diaper on lmao. Thought I was never going to find them again. Wasn't expecting to see them on this one either just thought I was reading another forum. Thank you

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads