Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Food change

Quote Originally Posted by bububaby View Post
    Yup, I was heart-broken when I found I make such huge mistake, hope everything will be fine.
    Don't beat yourself up - over feeding during puppy stage for a short time is better than underfeeding. Now that you know, I'm sure bubu will get right on track!

Bulldog(s) Names
    bubu
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    Don't beat yourself up - over feeding during puppy stage for a short time is better than underfeeding. Now that you know, I'm sure bubu will get right on track!
    Thank you so much, your reply really encourage me a lot. Since I am not a native speaker, when vet told me 2 cups, I regard it as a 2 cup per meal. He got 6 cups food for almost 2 weeks, and he just did good job on poop at daytime, so at that time I think I am on the right track. I just hope he will be fine in his rest of life.

Lucy-licious

Thank you so much, your reply really encourage me a lot. Since I am not a native speaker, when vet told me 2 cups, I regard it as a 2 cup per meal. He got 6 cups food for almost 2 weeks, and he just did good job on poop at daytime, so at that time I think I am on the right track. I just hope he will be fine in his rest of life.
    With you to look after him he's going to be just perfect. X

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Here is a story, when I decide to adopt a bulldog puppy, I went to online and find a breeder, he said he can give me for free since his father got cancer and he need to take care of him. what he want from me is $350 transportation fee. I think I can help him and ask when can I get the puppy. He said the next day, so when I ask him what food was he on, the breeder tell me mix the bil jac(small breed formula) and Proplan9(small breed formula). After several days, he is disappeared. So I found another breeder, she is a good person, we bought Bubu from her. We have checked with vet, she said it is ok to feed him with these two food, and we feed him about 12days, and we graduated changed to Natural Balance. He is with us from 9/28/12.
    I am really worry about him right now, and want to take a full-wellness exam for him next week, is it necessary?
    That first breeder you contacted seems a little scammy :/

Bulldog(s) Names
    bubu
    Likes (Received)

Bubu has just poop, although it is not very firm, at least it's solid, not liquid. Hope everything will be better tomorrow.

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Bubu has just poop, although it is not very firm, at least it's solid, not liquid. Hope everything will be better tomorrow.
    Great improvement!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Stick around with us, you'll be fine. Everyone has given you some food for thought. (good advise)
    We know you want what's best for your new baby, he'll be fine. Make sure he gets fresh water every day. you can add plain canned pumpkin to his dinner 1 or 2 tablespoon, this will make the stool firmer. Watch the chicken for a skin rash, some bully's don't tolerate chicken. don't give him too many bath's either, they need the skin's natural oil, you can tell when they get dirty, then it's time for bath. I give mine a bath every 10 weeks or so, unless they are really dirty. Usually I just use a wet towel and wipe them down. Also, make sure the nose rope and tail pocket are kept clean and dry. this must be kept clean and dry. a diaper rash cream can be used if any of these areas get sore. Here are pictures of my bully's

-042-jpg-029-jpg-020-jpg
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    bubu
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post

Stick around with us, you'll be fine. Everyone has given you some food for thought. (good advise)
    We know you want what's best for your new baby, he'll be fine. Make sure he gets fresh water every day. you can add plain canned pumpkin to his dinner 1 or 2 tablespoon, this will make the stool firmer. Watch the chicken for a skin rash, some bully's don't tolerate chicken. don't give him too many bath's either, they need the skin's natural oil, you can tell when they get dirty, then it's time for bath. I give mine a bath every 10 weeks or so, unless they are really dirty. Usually I just use a wet towel and wipe them down. Also, make sure the nose rope and tail pocket are kept clean and dry. this must be kept clean and dry. a diaper rash cream can be used if any of these areas get sore. Here are pictures of my bully's

-042-jpg-029-jpg-020-jpg
    Thank you so much, your advice is really important to me.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much, your advice is really important to me.

awweee sweetie , you are so welcome, I'm glad I could help

Bulldog(s) Names
    bubu
    Likes (Received)

awweee sweetie , you are so welcome, I'm glad I could help
    One more silly question, since I am in St. Louis, it will as low as 36 degree outside at midnight, is it too cold for puppy? I am OK with the weather, so I have not open the heat now.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

One more silly question, since I am in St. Louis, it will as low as 36 degree outside at midnight, is it too cold for puppy? I am OK with the weather, so I have not open the heat now.

It's okay for puppy to go potty and then come in house, bulldogs are house dogs, can not live outside.
    give puppy a nice warm nest to sleep in, blanket

Bulldog(s) Names
    bubu
    Likes (Received)

It's okay for puppy to go potty and then come in house, bulldogs are house dogs, can not live outside.
    give puppy a nice warm nest to sleep in, blanket
    He actually has his own bed, and now I am living in an apartment, he lives in sitting room, I dont know is the weather cold for him, if it is, I will open the heat.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads