Help Needed! Orijen Dog Food...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
feeding one brand of food is optimal and with a growing pup id say try to do that if you can but if that doesnt work then 2 can be done.

OP
Tlomrtony

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
Give her 3/4 old and 1/4 new last night and she really liked it! I usually have to add cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese to get her to eat and she ate her whole bowl with no additions! It smells very fishy, lol. So far, so good. I'll keep you posted.

How is ur process on Acana?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with all the above comments, both are good foods, so it's a choice, see which one she likes and tolerates, but these foods are adult foods, and at 5 months, I wouldn't wart to switch her to adult food until she was older, around 7 months. She is still growing and developing so needs the extra calories, and vitamins that puppies need for energy and growing.

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
How is ur process on Acana?

I would highly recommend Acana, she really loves it and her coat is literally like silk. She is 5 months and about 30-35 lbs and she gets about 1 cup in morning and 1 cup in evening. Her :poo:'s were a little soft so we backed off from 1 1/4 cup to 1 cup and it seems to have helped.

OP
Tlomrtony

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
I would highly recommend Acana, she really loves it and her coat is literally like silk. She is 5 months and about 30-35 lbs and she gets about 1 cup in morning and 1 cup in evening. Her :poo:'s were a little soft so we backed off from 1 1/4 cup to 1 cup and it seems to have helped.

Is her poo smelly or anything?

OP
Tlomrtony

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko

I think my koko is like your bully. I have been mixing Royal Canine and Fromm together but she doesn't eat the whole meal. She picks at it throughout the day. I have to put some goodies on top for her to eat. I'm think of switching to the Acana Grassland brand. I really don't like the smell of the Pacifica one.

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I think my koko is like your bully. I have been mixing Royal Canine and Fromm together but she doesn't eat the whole meal. She picks at it throughout the day. I have to put some goodies on top for her to eat. I'm think of switching to the Acana Grassland brand. I really don't like the smell of the Pacifica one.

I originally wanted Grasslands but it was sold out at the two stores that sell it where I live. I'm not sure if you can switch between flavors with Acana like you can with Fromm, maybe [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] would know. I've still been mixing yogurt, cottage cheese or cheddar on top...she's spoiled. I don't let her eat throughout the day though, mostly because were at work. I leave it down for 15-20 mins then pick it up.

OP
Tlomrtony

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
I originally wanted Grasslands but it was sold out at the two stores that sell it where I live. I'm not sure if you can switch between flavors with Acana like you can with Fromm, maybe @cowsmom would know. I've still been mixing yogurt, cottage cheese or cheddar on top...she's spoiled. I don't let her eat throughout the day though, mostly because were at work. I leave it down for 15-20 mins then pick it up.

I got her the Grassland Acana food yesterday and still she is only picking at her food like before and not eating. I am wondering is it thr food she does not like. Ummmm???

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.